Graphene Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
I know everyone has different opinions & experiences with graphene lipos, but I figured I'd go ahead and share mine. Today I ran a SMC 6s 5300mah V2 Graphene lipo pack, and man what a power difference! I purchased this pack used on Ebay, mainly because I just wanted to see what the graphene advertising hype was about. It arrived in excellent condition & storage charged, I can tell it was very well taken care of. I tested it out today for the first time in my FT, the tires ballooned like I'd never seen them balloon before! Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe it's because I purchased a battery from a reputable battery manufacturer (SMC), but I'm a believer in the graphene difference now. I definitely wouldn't mind incorporating some more graphene packs into my battery arsenal, I'd really like to see how the perform in the power hungry K8 😈

I don't have extensive experience with all kinds of graphenes, but with my SMC extreme graphene v2's and my protek graphenes they were/are all very "sensitive" to abuse. Moreso than standard lipos. I've had a few times that my esc's didn't catch LVC correctly so voltage would dip close to 3.0v per cell and sometimes a little under. The graphenes seemed to take it harder than the standard lipo bunch. All the ones that got taken down that low saw raised IR afterwards, but the graphenes even more so, and became pretty un-usable quickly thereafter, while the others are still going (albeit more slowly).

I'd say if you take care of them (better than i did), they should be solid.

Even SMC HCL packs are better than everything on amazon.
Lol! I've heard nothing but good things about SMC, the quality and performance seems to be there. I saw Jaytee did a speed test with 2 regular lipos, and he ended up getting a higher top speed with the SMC packs.
I don't have extensive experience with all kinds of graphenes, but with my SMC extreme graphene v2's and my protek graphenes they were/are all very "sensitive" to abuse. Moreso than standard lipos. I've had a few times that my esc's didn't catch LVC correctly so voltage would dip close to 3.0v per cell and sometimes a little under. The graphenes seemed to take it harder than the standard lipo bunch. All the ones that got taken down that low saw raised IR afterwards, but the graphenes even more so, and became pretty un-usable quickly thereafter, while the others are still going (albeit more slowly).

I'd say if you take care of them (better than i did), they should be solid.
Ehh I'd like to think I'm pretty easy on my rigs, hopefully they hold up to my light bashing. A few reviews I read mentioned that they didn't get many charging cycles before the battery took a dump. Seems that battery maintenance is a little more critical with the graphene packs.

Last edited:
I've never tried anything like these, but they sound cool, thanks!

It does make me wonder how much of this great performance might be because they're brand-new packs, vs specifically being graphene packs? For instance (I'm not trying to say this is necessarily the case here, for you), all my LiPos are old, so even if I tried a new medium-performance LiPo, I'd probably be pretty impressed. But I hope it is the graphene-pack aspect that's responsible.

I've never tried anything like these, but they sound cool, thanks!

It does make me wonder how much of this great performance might be because they're brand-new packs, vs specifically being graphene packs? For instance (I'm not trying to say this is necessarily the case here, for you), all my LiPos are old, so even if I tried a new medium-performance LiPo, I'd probably be pretty impressed. But I hope it is the graphene-pack aspect that's responsible.
You present a very valid point. As most of us RC'ers know, the scenario/situation that you mention about new vs. old packs is a real thing. I will say that the graphene pack I purchased was used. How used? I don't know, but it was used nonetheless. I guess the only way to really know for sure is just to evaluate the long-term performance. I definitely suggest you try one though, it's definitely a punch a pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back