Limitless Gyro, anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only new to the RC buggy world and wondering about getting a gyro set up?
This might sound like a stupid question but can you run a gyro with a 4 channel transmitter?
From what Im hearing you can only use a three channel transmitter... 🤔
Thanks in advance.

Hello and Welcome!

Gyro or AVC in the Spektrum RCs gets a bad wrap here. They are not bad, but not for everyone, I agree. I use Spektrum AVC with all my 6S and 3S rigs, bashers, and street rigs.

#1 I am not a send it to the moon guy. I do like to get some air.
#2 I do not do grass with bashers I like dead, dusty grass to loose construction dirt, etc.
#3 I believe AVC "sucks" if using the stock radio AVC knob alone. AVC has 3 settings that must be modified to find the right mix. Single know is not it and the throttle is cut to 50% already.

I have great AVC control with Kraton 6S EXB, Fireteam, Tailon, Big Rock, Lasernut U4, etc. I am using the DX5C radio, and each rig has a different AVC setting for all 3-AVC settings you can control with that radio.

It takes time to tune a rig correctly with attention to the tires used and the surface you bash on. Once it is done correctly with the right radio/transmitter, the off-road AVC function is great and with control.

Yes, out of the box and with the stock radio without access to all AVC controls, it is far from a pleasant experience.

Happy Bashing...!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back