Fireteam Hand Brake for other vehicles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey all,

Random question. Has anybody tried to either mod or 3d print the hand brake for an 8th scale vehicle? It could be really fun on a 6s Outcast, or any of the other vehicles in the 8th scale line.

Not a fan of a HB at all.............
But if you want to add one. I would get an Alloy upgrade HB mount at the very least. And try to mount it at the center diff like the Infr. Will need to drill holes into the chassis. I think it will be a hard fit. The Lim/Infr chassis has a recessed stamping at the HB mounting holes.
Doing a HB at the rear diff Input cup like the FT has, this will require a different approach. The safe D Input cup has to be removed. So the Brake disk will key into the cup. Need the FT input cup setup. Just need a New C block specific part to mount the HB. No chassis holes are required with the FT chassis for mounting it. Not sure if they make an upgrade alloy HB mount for the HB yet.
I feel the OE plastic mount assy. is too flexible for the HB. Needs to be alloy IMO.

The HB is just marketting fluff that many get over after the novelty has worn off. The way it is engaged with the Radio button is just not well thought out. For RC use I think it is a fail. A liability, making the chassis more bloated for something not really used. And the HB's Servo just sits there taking up BEC overhead, while just at idle. Just me.
But we all RC differently. If you feel the effort and time is worth it, go for it.
I would look over the manuals and blow up diagram of both the V2 Infr and FT to see better what you want to do.
It is not advised to use HB and ESC brake together. And both Thr and HB together also, will just ruin the drivetrain. The radio's 3rd channel button is not ergonomically correct to engage a HB on an RC. The HB should have been integrated as a passive brake, that engages and disengages with the ESC brake only. A tall order.
Again all the above only my opinion.
Not hating what others want to experiment with.

Last edited:
Cool, thank you for the advice! I'm light years from wrenching on that level. Still getting my feet wet with 3s, lol. I was just curious if some one had adapted it to a different platform.

Hey you are thinking outside the box.
What RC is all about.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back