Fireteam The Fireteam e-brake coming in really handy today as a parking brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
When you're busy trying to get yourself up the hill without killing yourself, and you didn't park it quite perfectly horizontal and you hear that slow roll start behind you.... not with the fireteam baby! Could put it on a switch on my radio like a parking brake while I'm scrambling up stuff. I already have engine cutoff switch for those times when I bump my radio with my knee and launches the car off a cliff.

IMG_4283.jpeg

Last edited:
When you're busy trying to get yourself up the hill without killing yourself, and you didn't park it quite perfectly horizontal and you hear that slow roll start behind you.... not with the fireteam baby! Could put it on a switch on my radio like a parking brake while I'm scrambling up stuff. I already have engine cutoff switch for those times when I bump my radio with my knee and launches the car off a cliff.

View attachment 356231

That is about the only good use I have found for it. Mine won't hold if the incline is too steep. I may have to mess with my endpoints.

I use the break alot, less wear and tear on the motor and less heat and longer battery life. All slightly but it helps.
I find that I forget it is there. The button on my DX5C is just in an awkward spot. I might switch it over to the Radiolink see if the buttons are in a better spot.

I find that I forget it is there. The button on my DX5C is just in an awkward spot. I might switch it over to the Radiolink see if the buttons are in a better spot.
That's what I do to more than anything. I remember it's there, use it a few times, then forget again. My flysky g7p I have it on the switch on the inside of the grip where you press it with side of your thumb. Works ok.

You just made me think of something. What if you programmed your radio so that when the throttle went reverse, instead of sending a reverse to the ESC, it would send neutral/null to the ESC, and would instead send a linear servo motion to the ebrake (vs the switch lockon/lockoff default mode). I wonder how it would drive... no motor/drivetrain braking, and 1 mechanical rear disk? Might be fun to try - free and can't see it hurting anything.

Back