Has anybody tried this ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony jaques

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Vendetta
I've been doing alot of thinkg about conductivity and resistance causing potential heat! In one case ec5 batt in tx90 conector,does it work yes but just a little play enoghy to wiggle or even pop off. I fixed the bounce with heat shrink on my individual conectors on battery side. But as for my question dielectric gel wouldn't it be a good idea with any conective power spot like esc to motor I'm not talking over kill just a light brush of some gell in the female end it would conduct even better and be easier on ec5 in particular to disconnect when done bashing! (((Idk let me know what you think.))) I've done some home electrics and 1:1 auto stuff and we would use a conductive gell/grease on conectors helps prevent corosion
I've been doing alot of thinkg about conductivity and resistance causing potential heat! In one case ec5 batt in tx90 conector,does it work yes but just a little play enoghy to wiggle or even pop off. I fixed the bounce with heat shrink on my individual conectors on battery side. But as for my question dielectric gel wouldn't it be a good idea with any conective power spot like esc to motor I'm not talking over kill just a light brush of some gell in the female end it would conduct even better and be easier on ec5 in particular to disconnect when done bashing! (((Idk let me know what you think.))) I've done some home electrics and 1:1 auto stuff and we would use a conductive gell/grease on conectors helps prevent corosion
Or esc power input conector

Further expanding on what you wrote, using it on permanent connections is a decent idea. It will prevent corrosion there. I'm going to say it's not so great for the battery connectors and here's why: it is a grease and makes the grip/connection weaker. Also the connectors need to be tight in order to scrap away the grease for a solid connection. It can actually lessen the current getting through. Those two anyone who tows a trailer regular knows firsthand what I'm saying due to the age old problem of keeping trailer connections corrosion free.

What is your goal? Some heat (warmth) is OK and expected. If you are melting connectors then it's an issue.

I would not recommend mixing connectors. Even though XT90 and EC5 may have the same barrel size, they don't have the same spacing nor connection depth. I wouldn't not expect them to fit or work together. It's better to solder a new connector to the ESC and/or battery.

Realistically the amount of resistance (<mΩ) in the connectors won't effect your performance unless you are at the absolute limit. Even at 8S your looking at like a 1/10th of Watt in heat.

To get an idea of the current carrying capabilities, check the link below. Of course Ebay/Amazon connectors probably don't have any guarantee to them.
https://blog.ampow.com/rc-battery-connector-types/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back