Anybody buy the new DumboRC DDF-350 yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Thinking of upgrading tranmitters from the X6FG and ran across this. Don't see it available except outside the USA right now though. Just curious if anyone has gotten their hands on one and how much of an upgrade it would be from the X6 version.

https://www.gt55racing.com/products...ansmitter-with-1pcs-receiver?VariantsId=18109

Capture.PNG

I have an X6, because of the turn knobs to easily adjust the speed, to a top speed my 4-year old can handle.
I don't want to enter any menu's to do that and I am not interested EXP, ABS or gyro for his car.

For my own cars I have a FlySky GT5 and I do use the functions it offers.
The GT5 supports multiple cars/models, the DFF350 does that as well and the X6 doesn't.

Reviews are positive in general of the DFF350. I would compare it with the FlySky R7P.
The DFF350 and X6 are simply not comparable.

A few additional compared to the X6 (I have three of them) like telemetry and multi car storage.
Now I know why I see deals coming by for the X6 with the 6CH gyro receiver for around € 30. Haven’t read any reviews yet, but I wonder it the new transmitter has better latency. If not, I don’t think I’d pay the current asking price for the new transmitter.

The only person I know who has bought one had three defective ones in a row. All of them had trouble with throttle trim and would randomly go forward or backward and lose the center. This person is a fan of cheap junk cars so maybe take it with a grain of salt, but for the price I'd just go G7P from flysky personally. G7P has its own share of quirky nonsense but ultimately that comes with the territory of sub 100 dollar high feature remotes.

Can you manually adjust brake rate on this transmitter/x6? It’s either fully on or off, the adjustment parameters are foreign and I lost the manual. Fine for the dirt, not so much on high grip and I’d rather not use the ESC.

There’s a linear/custom graph for input, but it’s still a light switch and just shifts the input percentage like a trim.

1000005406.jpg
1000005405.jpg
1000005404.jpg

Says throttle and brake curves are in the model menu

A few additional compared to the X6 (I have three of them) like telemetry and multi car storage.
Now I know why I see deals coming by for the X6 with the 6CH gyro receiver for around € 30. Haven’t read any reviews yet, but I wonder it the new transmitter has better latency. If not, I don’t think I’d pay the current asking price for the new transmitter.
I rather like mine it can take up to 3s and has no latency that I've noticed

I've been looking at this in the UK ,we far as I can tell get absima branded version from the model shops I'm tempted as it also has tank mixing that im hoping will run a tamiya tiger .

I've been looking at this in the UK ,we far as I can tell get absima branded version from the model shops I'm tempted as it also has tank mixing that im hoping will run a tamiya tiger .
I havnt used the tank function but I do love the ability to adjust throttle curves and have multiple rc programed to one controller

I've recently got back into RC and would like to get my cars onto one transmitter . So much easier plus like I said try get my tank running on it to get some use out of that as it's on old school radio and gets bad interference nowadays . I did this years ago with the original spektrum dx3 on my nitros . ( Dug this out to do a fault finding exercise on my crawler and it still works surprisingly) The Dumbo looks a good size for long distance driving that I like to do .

Jim

Good radio, best "cheap" radio IMO.

I bought one based on razor's video its been a great budget transmitter for my sons MT10 after the stock transmitter started glitching bad after 2 years. It showed up to my door 4 days after being ordered, the binding process was a little frustrating but its been rock solid so far had it out to 200 yards with zero issues. The menu is a little weird and clearly the translator just learned English but for a basic controller with gyro it blows the associated junk out of the water as well as the low end spectrum slt3.

Back