Notorious Having troubles installing Notorious front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with fatcat, at this point I'd have stripped the whole thing down and checked the fit of each screw in their appropriate holes then once they can individually be fit in place on the part directly take them out and reassemble everything except those screws (dry fiting is putting together without fasteners or adhesives) and make sure they line up correctly then screw each screw in about half way in a cross pattern (screw the upper left, then lower right, then upper right, then lower left) until they are screwed all the way in.

Also, I would suggest cleaning it out with a tooth pick and alcohol since alcohol will evaporate more completely than any lubricant such as wd40...also, if there is dirt in there and you use wd40 to clean the hole you'll risk basically gluing that dirt in the hole...the toothpick will make it easier to pull things out if there is large chuncks of plastic or something in there. Then, once you are sure it is free of debris you can apply some wd40 to help make the plastic more maluable ;)

I just looked with a flashlight, and I am pretty sure that the holes are misaligned. How do I fix that?
I already took out the other three screws, like @FatCatRC said, but it still won't go in.

I just looked with a flashlight, and I am pretty sure that the holes are misaligned. How do I fix that?
I already took out the other three screws, like @FatCatRC said, but it still won't go in.
k take the gearbox off the car and try to thread the screw in with it off the chassis completely. If it still does not go in then find a pin or paper clip and stick it in the hole and see how far it goes down, now mark the clip and stick it in the other hole in the front of the gearbox and mark the clip again, if the good hole goes deeper than you have something stuck in the bad hole. What also could be going on is the top 2 or 3 threads in the hole are mashed up a bit and the screw won't thread in, in that case you have to kind of force the screw in while turning to get it past those bad threads and catch the good threads. Does it screw in at all like even one or two turns?

How are they misaligned? What I mean is, is there a specific part that is out of alignment? If so try to find a way to get that part in alignment. It could be in backwards or something, or possibly broken or bent out of shape...would it be possible to get pics?

k take the gearbox off the car and try to thread the screw in with it off the chassis completely. If it still does not go in then find a pin or paper clip and stick it in the hole and see how far it goes down, now mark the clip and stick it in the other hole in the front of the gearbox and mark the clip again, if the good hole goes deeper than you have something stuck in the bad hole. What also could be going on is the top 2 or 3 threads in the hole are mashed up a bit and the screw won't thread in, in that case you have to kind of force the screw in while turning to get it past those bad threads and catch the good threads. Does it screw in at all like even one or two turns?
Send me a really good pic of the hole with a flashlight. lol (sorry dirty mind)

No, it does not screw in at all.

No, it does not screw in at all.
K then my guess now is the top cpl threads are mashed up a bit, try gently forcing it in while turning to see if it catches the threads. also stick a pin or paper clip in hole to chk if its clear.
K then my guess now is the top cpl threads are mashed up a bit, try gently forcing it in while turning to see if it catches the threads. also stick a pin or paper clip in hole to chk if its clear.
sometimes if the threads are mushed at the top of the hole the fine thread screws are hard to start.

FINALLY! All put back together and (almost) ready to bash! Thank you so much @FatCatRC, and everyone on this forum. You have all been a HUGE help to me whenever something goes wrong. Without this forum, I would be completely lost and not knowing what to do in this hobby. (Like my RC truck stand? LOL)
IMG_20200815_235945234.jpg

FINALLY! All put back together and (almost) ready to bash! Thank you so much @FatCatRC, and everyone on this forum. You have all been a HUGE help to me whenever something goes wrong. Without this forum, I would be completely lost and not knowing what to do in this hobby. (Like my RC truck stand? LOL)
View attachment 94672
Nice glad you got it. That's awesome. Ye the forum has saved my ass a cpl times now. Bash on my friend!

View attachment 94672
Good job Hermann! Time to go break it again ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back