Fazon Help! Fazon Voltage Runaway Car!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. Got a tip on the wires. Thank you. I had them backwards. It works now.

However I did something seriously wrong on the servo. It steers. Then it taps into so,Etling lightly and then won’t steer. I worry that the voltage is only compatible with the five wire servo it came with. My replacement 3 wire servo fits in the slot but the servo saver isn’t a good fit for the rocker arms coming from the wheel housings.

Has anyone else installed a new servo in a Voltage? How did you do it?

I had the wires backwards. Always thought white was ground. I bought the unit on amazon for the same price. It had two day prime shipping.

The truck is "Compatible" with any servo that fits. If the servo saver does not fit, then you need a new servo saver. Kembrough is the gold standard, and are under $10. I'd look at either the Mid size or the Large size. Move the two ball studs over to the new SS, and use the correct insert for your servo (Arrma Servos are 25t spline, so use the "F" insert - Futaba is also 25t)
Large-
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbro...ver-universal-spline-connector-1-kim124/p4584
Mid-
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbrough-mid-size-servo-saver-futaba-hitec-airtronics-kim201/p32168

Or you can go with a metal gear servo, and get rid of the SS all together.

I will make a new thread for the Fazon Voltage servo. I like to think that someday someone like me will have similar problems and then find these posts to solve them. I looked and didn’t find anything for the Fazon Voltage. So here we are.

The runaway car problem is solved. The issue was the 3n1 ESC that came with the voltage. However that main issue created two sub issues. The root of the sub issues is that I did not choose to replace the 3n1 with another 3n1. In hindsight that may have been a bad idea. They cost $40. I did file a warranty claim but the expected timeframe is 6-10weeks to get a free one. I have a second Fazon Voltage that the freebie can be a backup for.

1. ESC is bad.
2. Need a new servo to move the wheels - because the stock one has five wires to match the stock esc.
3. Need a new transmitter and receiver as the stock one will only bind to a stock 3n1 esc.

Esc - bought one from an Arrma granite on eBay for $20shipped
Servo - already had a backup ADS5 that just happened to be 3 wire. eBay $8 shipped.
TX RX thing - bought a fancy RadioLink RC4GS on amazon prime for $60. It came with a receiver too.

Okay. I think you nailed the servo problem. I am missing a part. I think it should be a separate thread.

Maybe a bit, but not much. The Granite ESC probably had a bit more current carrying capability, but unless the 3-n-1 was a true POS, it won't make much of a difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back