Kraton Help on lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevinw71

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
I need some help on choosing a new 4s lipo. I have a kraton 4s v1. I cant seem to find the right battery with long run time. please help

Get these in either 8000mah or 11000mah.

Their 4S 100C

GEA8K4S100E5.jpg

Last edited:
What does "long" mean here?

Keep in mind that's not always a good thing as larger batteries increase weight, which increases potential for damage, and the longer you run continuously the more heat can become an issue.

There are a bunch of posts here and on RCtalk.com about batteries. Check them out as it may save you some $$ in the long run.

What does "long" mean here?

Keep in mind that's not always a good thing as larger batteries increase weight, which increases potential for damage, and the longer you run continuously the more heat can become an issue.
This, plus if your charger only puts out ~80-100W or so it's going to take ages to charge a 4S LiPo of this size. An 8000mAh 4S would take ~135W (16.8V * 8A) to charge in roughly an hour. I run into this problem with my charger which only outputs 80W, where even charging a 5000mAh 4S battery takes over an hour because I need 84W to charge at 1C, plus other factors. Then there's time to put into storage mode.. discharging at a standard 1-3A for an AC charger is going to take so many hours.

That being said if you have a nicer DC charger (and a separate discharge block) and can really crank the amps then it's a non-issue.

I have very happily been running 5000-6000mAh batteries and think 20 minutes at a time is a sweet spot for bashing, otherwise the aforementioned heat issue. It's good to give your rig a break to cool down. My Kraton 4S definitely needs it after a (5000mAh) pack.
I picked up two of these: https://chinahobbyline.com/products...ase-with-ec5-plug?_pos=6&_sid=79c7d322d&_ss=r the other day and they are excellent. I'm going exclusively to CNHL batteries, personally.

This, plus if your charger only puts out ~80-100W or so it's going to take ages to charge a 4S LiPo of this size. An 8000mAh 4S would take ~135W (16.8V * 8A) to charge in roughly an hour. I run into this problem with my charger which only outputs 80W, where even charging a 5000mAh 4S battery takes over an hour because I need 84W to charge at 1C, plus other factors. Then there's time to put into storage mode.. discharging at a standard 1-3A for an AC charger is going to take so many hours.

That being said if you have a nicer DC charger (and a separate discharge block) and can really crank the amps then it's a non-issue.

I have very happily been running 5000-6000mAh batteries and think 20 minutes at a time is a sweet spot for bashing, otherwise the aforementioned heat issue. It's good to give your rig a break to cool down. My Kraton 4S definitely needs it after a (5000mAh) pack.

I picked up two of these: https://chinahobbyline.com/products...ase-with-ec5-plug?_pos=6&_sid=79c7d322d&_ss=r the other day and they are excellent. I'm going exclusively to CNHL batteries, personally.
Yes, I'm really happy about mine 4s battery I bought from CNHL, an 8000mah pack. Run it in the Mojave, and it's great. I often just run it down to storage charge, because I have many times broken something on the car at that time🙄 or I go over to 6s at that time 😁 6s is at 6800mah, and motor is hot enough after LVC on those....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back