Senton Need help on monster senton 3S gearing, heat issue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eizrah

Reaction score
Hi guys . Hope you guys could help me out here on the proper gearing on my monster Senton 3S...
Currently i have the Spektrum 130A esc and a 2050kv motor combo with 26T pinion. All metal diff,spur ,HR 17mm hex and cvds plus have a Jetko tires ex king cobra tires diameter 135mm.
My spektrum telemetry FET reading is kinda high ranging 70 to 90 degree's Celsius or more.... My 2050kv motor temperature runs ok abt 50 to 60 degrees Celsius.
Done all the checks on bearing ,mesh no binding issue.. rolls freely. When running 3S it still ok but when going 4S it gets high. I prefer my monster senton on 4S so what could be the problem...? Pinion size? Anyone with the same set up could share their experience?

My calculation says that this gearing is crazy high. says it gives you 75mph, which is completely unusable on the senton, especially with big squishy tires.
maybe drop to 21t pinion? which should brind you down to "only" 60mph

It looks like you're geared to top out around 60mph (~100kph), which is high. Lots of the results here depends on how aggressively you drive and how much time you spend on throttle (and where in the throttle range you spend most of your time). What's your driving style and how long do battery packs usually last for you?

It looks like you're geared to top out around 60mph (~100kph), which is high. Lots of the results here depends on how aggressively you drive and how much time you spend on throttle (and where in the throttle range you spend most of your time). What's your driving style and how long do battery packs usually last for you?
why did my numbers shows 75mph? maybe you calculated on 3s and not 4s?

why did my numbers shows 75mph? maybe you calculated on 3s and not 4s?
Oh yeah, sorry I was doing 3s numbers, just some rough "napkin" calcs. 50mph stock * (2050kv / 3200kv) for motor * (26t / 18t) for pinion * (135mm / 104mm) for tires = about 60mph. Running on 4s would be 60 * (4s / 3s) = 80mph. I think you were right on with your calcs.

Definitely needs to be geared down.

Appreciate all the info guys... Really need to learn those calculations... Currently what i have with me is a 20T. Will swap it see how it goes and will update you guys the results...Thanks everyone

You need to run a 150A Firma if you want more manageable temps on that Monster tire 4S and gearing setup. If you don't gear/tire down that 130A is on borrowed time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back