hmm how could I do this while my other build is on hold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldendrakester

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Talion EXB
I have A redcat epx drift roller with a stupidly overpriced trx 3s motor that is stupidly overpriced to get an esc for sitting in i and I have a 6s blx esc sitting around, that is still for sale but I don't know about shipping, Thinking I might somehow be able to make A Frankenstein while I wait for product availability on my other build. Any idea if there is even a chance this would work?

I think only you could answer that. Will the ESC physically fit in the space? Why put a 6s ESC in place to run a 3s motor? (3500kv Velineon?) What are your goals, I don’t quite understand?

You can use a 6S ESC with a motor designed for 3s: the ESC doesn't push power to the motor, the motor pulls power from the ESC as it needs it. A 6s ESC won't be working at anywhere near its capacity, and it will run cool.
Agreed, I’m just not sure that ESC will fit in the chassis.

There is way more space than you'd think, so yes the ESC does fit, but I was just trying to make something that works. The only issue I can see right now is the trx bullets

You can use a 6S ESC with a motor designed for 3s: the ESC doesn't push power to the motor, the motor pulls power from the ESC as it needs it. A 6s ESC won't be working at anywhere near its capacity, and it will run cool.
+1

Yeah I don't like to solder motor phase wires. I can solder fine , just that it can be tricky and can ruin the motor sometimes, depending on the motor.
Extension leads are best here.

Back