How do I setup my suspension?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogsRFun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Typhon 6s. I drive fairly fast as I'm driving to have the dog chase the car. I have a back yard that's about an acre in size, we mow it frequently. It's kind of rolling, not perfectly flat. I'd post a picture but 2D it looks perfectly flat, it's hard to show the depth.

I have gotten a lot better at not flipping and flying with practice, but I still feel like the suspension is setup wrong.

I find that the car is often hitting a little swale that I don't see, and flying (or somersaulting) through the air. Is there a way to tune my suspension better? I've tried backing way off the spring adjustment nuts, I've also tried firming them up a bit.

Should I be trying different oil, or springs, or are there some tips for this car? I've been trying to watch some videos on setup, but not really getting help.

Sorry, what's a grub screw? I'm searching and having a hard time identifying it.

Typhon 6s. I drive fairly fast as I'm driving to have the dog chase the car. I have a back yard that's about an acre in size, we mow it frequently. It's kind of rolling, not perfectly flat. I'd post a picture but 2D it looks perfectly flat, it's hard to show the depth.

I have gotten a lot better at not flipping and flying with practice, but I still feel like the suspension is setup wrong.

I find that the car is often hitting a little swale that I don't see, and flying (or somersaulting) through the air. Is there a way to tune my suspension better? I've tried backing way off the spring adjustment nuts, I've also tried firming them up a bit.

Should I be trying different oil, or springs, or are there some tips for this car? I've been trying to watch some videos on setup, but not really getting help.

Tighten up the grub screws on top of lower a arms.thats how ya set ride height on arrmaz..id try lowering car some
no no no, that's not for setting the ride height, that for settingi the droop. the ride height is set using the spring collar.

Droop is how much the suspension extend beyond the ride height position, for stability you want quite a lot, but do limit it a bit less than the full extension of the shock to help saving the shock rod ends from damage while the car flips and tumble

I would first make sure that the ride height is setup reasonably well, with the bottom of the chassis at around 26mm (with battery and all) front and back (at the front you need to measure before the kick-up in the chassis starts). use the spring collars to adjust until you reach this.

While the shocks are removed from the car remove the springs and cycle the shock shaft to be sure that the shocks are filled correctly and didnt leak.

If everything is technically correct than i would try going a bit thicker on the shock oils

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I ordered new fluid, some Kraton front springs that I saw a thread on using on all 4 shocks on the typhon, and I'll try adjusting the ride height.

Fingers crossed it rides better!

The correct ride height on a buggy for proper usage is both sets of dog bones need to be about flush with the chassis and ground.

About: 23 to 26mm for the front and between 27 and 29mm for the rear. Thats from the chassis to the ground. You don't need shock oil or springs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back