Vorteks battery doesn't fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyc10306

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everybody is doing to make the battery fit, and why doesn't the battery fit????? I feel like I'm missing something here. Here is my solution.

20230720_171235.jpg

I was just wondering what everybody is doing to make the battery fit, and why doesn't the battery fit????? I feel like I'm missing something here. Here is my solution.

View attachment 312451

Its the wrong size battery?
What battery did you buy for it?

The compartment size= 157mm x 48mm x 27mm

Last edited:
Mine nor my friends came with a rear battery spacer! Here is a pic of my battery strapped in and a pic of the rear battery spacer that does not fit. I had a spare from another car to try.

20230720_191056.jpg

20230720_190757.jpg

I don't understand the question. You said the battery doesn't fit but post a picture of the battery in the car. It looks like it fits to me. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

I don't understand the question. You said the battery doesn't fit but post a picture of the battery in the car. It looks like it fits to me. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️
If I didn't glue that thick piece of rubber in the battery would be way too loose.
Oh! Your saying the battery is to small!

The Vorteks doesn't come with that spacer. You can take up the small gap with foam if you wish. Isnt an issue!

Send it!
That's what I did. My question is why is it like this? It's left unfinished. I'm sure there are plenty of people who won't glue a piece of foam and what the battery just slams around?

Oh! Your saying the battery is to small!

The Vorteks doesn't come with that spacer. You can take up the small gap with foam if you wish. Isnt an issue!

Send it!
Oh.
If I didn't glue that thick piece of rubber in the battery would be way too loose.

That's what I did. My question is why is it like this? It's left unfinished. I'm sure there are plenty of people who won't glue a piece of foam and what the battery just slams around?

If your battery is slamming around your straps aren't tight enough.

That's what I did. My question is why is it like this? It's left unfinished

To answer this directly-
Because you have to have a little room for different battery's. They aren't all made the same/ same size. Not everyone will use the same exact one so room needs to be there to accommodate everyone.
Lot easier to make a small battery fit a big tray vs trying to fit a much bigger battery in a small tray.

To answer this directly-
Because you have to have a little room for different battery's. They aren't all made the same/ same size. Not everyone will use the same exact one so room needs to be there to accommodate everyone.
Lot easier to make a small battery fit a big tray vs trying to fit a much bigger battery in a small T

To answer this directly-
Lot easier to make a small battery fit a big tray vs trying to fit a much bigger battery in a small tray.
I hear ya but the other arrma models have two ends that the battery fit perfectly into. All the 3s lipos are the same size unless you are using a HV lipo which is overkill. So arrma said just on this one we will leave one battery end unfinished so you can fit a rare oversized lipo that the garbage stock esc will just love. On the parts break down, they show only one battery end cap, yet the replacment is the big rock cap that does not fit. How easy is it to scale down that cap a little so it fits so I can have two battery end caps like my big rock. For a stadium/basher that costs a little more than it's counterparts I didnt expect a missing battery end cap as well as subdued designing on the the side rails and bumpers compared to the big rock.

I hear ya but the other arrma models have two ends that the battery fit perfectly into. All the 3s lipos are the same size unless you are using a HV lipo which is overkill. So arrma said just on this one we will leave one battery end unfinished so you can fit a rare oversized lipo that the garbage stock esc will just love. On the parts break down, they show only one battery end cap, yet the replacment is the big rock cap that does not fit. How easy is it to scale down that cap a little so it fits so I can have two battery end caps like my big rock. For a stadium/basher that costs a little more than it's counterparts I didnt expect a missing battery end cap as well as subdued designing on the the side rails and bumpers compared to the big rock.

News to me every 3s battery is the same size..... 😅

News to me every 3s battery is the same size..... 😅
I've been through all the brands as far as 3s. They are all the same length unless it's an HV which is not lickly choice for a firma 100. Who's using extra long lipos and why is arrma so concerned you can fit them with the vorteks only.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back