Must concur ... GP4 LSD in the Rear don't work that well in a Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Now having said that, the GP4 LSD in the Typhon F & R are the bomb and buggy has never driven so well. ( On Dirt & not asphalt ) @ 500,000 cst center.

As to thread title .... Kraton with GP4 LSD in the rear going STRAIGHT and being easy on throttle until at speed is doable.
Taking a near full power ( shy of wheelie ) acceleration and the rear end is as if on ICE and the truck just wants to fishtail wildly !! ( This with @ 700,000 cst in mid diff )

So today I'm going into the rear and removing the LSD plates using the Shim Kit from Arrma to do just this task of making it an Open configuration.

Having read many times of similar "On Ice" behavior with the LSD rear .... just following suit and sharing self decovery (y)

@Big Kid, some like me have been there. I like mine with the shims, and I had to do the big spacer that was not with my kit either.

@Big Kid, some like me have been there. I like mine with the shims, and I had to do the big spacer that was not with my kit either.
Yea the 3 plates measured @ .072" and the supplied THICK spacer washer X2 to rest behind sun gears was @ .076" ... The combined .008" made the assembled diff bind slightly. Being the 2 thick washers are hardened steel and no practical way to thin it down some, Machined X2 washers of similar specification a tad thinner and wa-la perfection fit. ( Made them from AF grade Acetal ) so will keep an eye on them for premature wear ?

Back