Hobbywing LVC question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Hi all,

A question about my Hobbywing Max 6 LVC...

I previously had it set to 'Intermediate' but after a bash sesh, my lipo would sometimes read anything from 3.1-3.4v/cell. Also, when triggered, the LVC would just aggressively cut all power to the vehicle and I couldn't drive it anymore after it did. It also didn't brake it, it just cut all power. So if I was going full-throttle at the time, it would just coast until it hit something... NOT GOOD!

So, I just changed the LVC settings to 'high', and took it out for a bash. After an unusually short amount of time, I found the throttle was getting cut and the brake was aggressively being applied. I assume this is how the LVC is supposed to work? It still let me run for about another 5 mins before it locked the brakes for good, and I called it a day. Got home and all cells were reading 3.9v.

So my question is, is there some secret to getting the LVC to cut in around 3.5v/cell, but to also warn you when you're getting near (not just cutting all power)?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Hey bro.
I am a total newb so caveats in advance.
Have you considered running a lipo alarm in your rig? It’s small and cheap, velcro it on the chassis, works great.

cheers,
kev
E55CAD68-B35B-4369-8F69-00C4AE442695.jpeg

I just leave mine at intermediate and live with what happens when it happens. I run 2x3s with my max6 esc's and by the time I get home, the packs are anywhere between 3.2-3.5v per cell.

Hi all,

A question about my Hobbywing Max 6 LVC...

I previously had it set to 'Intermediate' but after a bash sesh, my lipo would sometimes read anything from 3.1-3.4v/cell. Also, when triggered, the LVC would just aggressively cut all power to the vehicle and I couldn't drive it anymore after it did. It also didn't brake it, it just cut all power. So if I was going full-throttle at the time, it would just coast until it hit something... NOT GOOD!

So, I just changed the LVC settings to 'high', and took it out for a bash. After an unusually short amount of time, I found the throttle was getting cut and the brake was aggressively being applied. I assume this is how the LVC is supposed to work? It still let me run for about another 5 mins before it locked the brakes for good, and I called it a day. Got home and all cells were reading 3.9v.

So my question is, is there some secret to getting the LVC to cut in around 3.5v/cell, but to also warn you when you're getting near (not just cutting all power)?

Thanks for any help
Hi there, Just saw this post a year later haha. did you ever get a remedy to this?
I have the same issue..... on the stock system there was a nice warning and you could drive the car back to base, but under max6 ESC you have to play fetch. My LVR on max6 is on standard (med) LVR settings.

Hi there, Just saw this post a year later haha. did you ever get a remedy to this?
I have the same issue..... on the stock system there was a nice warning and you could drive the car back to base, but under max6 ESC you have to play fetch. My LVR on max6 is on standard (med) LVR settings.

No remedy unfortunately

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back