Hobbywing esc question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony jaques

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Vendetta
So I'm building a speed buggy I was curious if anybody here knows the difference between the original max 8 vs the new ezrun bl150 g2 they look the same other than colors
So I'm building a speed buggy I was curious if anybody here knows the difference between the original max 8 vs the new ezrun bl150 g2 they look the same other than colors
I've got a used max 8 for 89 or I can get a max 6 v3 new 112, or the ezrunbl150 g2 for 70 what do yall say I also found an 8s spektrum system used for 150?

Stay HW if your eyes are already looking to them. Spektrum....(n)
Max6 V3....hands down of all your picks there.
Just me.
Wait for others to chime in...their ideas.:cool:

Stay HW if your eyes are already looking to them. Spektrum....(n)
Max6 V3....hands down of all your picks there.
Just me.
Wait for others to chime in...their ideas.:cool:
Yea the spek was 8s dreaming it's going in a radix so overkill the max 6 will barely fit but will fit I'm thinking 89 used max 8 or 112 max 6 new I'm leaning your way
Yea the spek was 8s dreaming it's going in a radix so overkill the max 6 will barely fit but will fit I'm thinking 89 used max 8 or 112 max 6 new I'm leaning your way
I've got a 2200kv to go with whatever I choose for reference

I don’t have a Max8, but do have a 8bl150 (v1) and Max6. The BL150 has smaller connectors, no 7.4v option and less amps and burst power. The Max6 definitely feels it has more oomph.
The Max6 has the largest footprint (and fan), I would take that over the 8bl150 G2 and Max8 G2.

I've got a 2200kv to go with whatever I choose for reference
It's a traxxis motor but we all know how rc is the factories that make these are mostly the same then distributed among many brands

I have heard very positive reviews on most Hobbywing products. I am really happy to see the new 8bl150 V2 and 10bl120 V2, apparently they are great ESC's.

Thanks @Wojoman for turning me on to them. Can't wait to try one!

For sure though the Max6 or Spektrum 160A are power houses and a known great option for 6s bashers.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back