Typhon Hobbywing Max 10SCT issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighImGoku

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  2. Voltage
So I bought a hobbywing 4000kv motor and max10sct ESC combo for my slash a while back and it's been an absolute beast of a motor and I've loved it since I got it. I've ran it mostly on 2s but used 3s a bit too and it ran perfectly but I recently decided to put it into my typhon 3s since it's capable of 4s unlike the stock Typhon set up but when I got it in my typhon it started doing something that I just don't understand. It turned on and ran fine for a minute but then all of a sudden it just stopped and the whole truck turned off. I turned it back on and it was running until I hit the throttle and it would then completely die again. It was doing this on 3s so I put a 2s in just out of curiosity and it works perfectly fine and never dies. This thing should work with 4s but it's instantly dying on 3s and it's very irritating and any help is greatly appreciated.
So I bought a hobbywing 4000kv motor and max10sct ESC combo for my slash a while back and it's been an absolute beast of a motor and I've loved it since I got it. I've ran it mostly on 2s but used 3s a bit too and it ran perfectly but I recently decided to put it into my typhon 3s since it's capable of 4s unlike the stock Typhon set up but when I got it in my typhon it started doing something that I just don't understand. It turned on and ran fine for a minute but then all of a sudden it just stopped and the whole truck turned off. I turned it back on and it was running until I hit the throttle and it would then completely die again. It was doing this on 3s so I put a 2s in just out of curiosity and it works perfectly fine and never dies. This thing should work with 4s but it's instantly dying on 3s and it's very irritating and any help is greatly appreciated.
Oh and I also discovered that with the 3s battery in it I can hold it in the air and give it gas and it won't die. It actually sounds like it's running great but as soon as I put it on the ground and give it gas it will die.

Last edited:
Back