Vorteks Hobbywing motor with oem heatsink

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfin40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Yes, you can make it work. Not the ideal fit because of slight bigger diameter motor but if you want to keep some extra cooling and oem look.

You can see from the last picture what i took against light that where it is not touching motor, but most part it does.

An the motor is new Hobbywing 4000kv 3665 G3 sensored.

For the fan i will run power from receiver with servo extension wire.

IMG_20230413_212717.jpg

IMG_20230413_212727.jpg

IMG_20230413_212743.jpg

IMG_20230413_212951.jpg

So, I'm pretty sure this will actually make your motor cool less efficiently. The motor has cooling fins so therefore the surface area of what touches between the heatsink and motor will be only about half of what it would be if it was a smooth motor can. The rest will be air pockets.

The way a heat sync works is that the heat of the motor transfers to the heat sync and then you use a fan to cool the heat sync because it has more surface area. In your case, the heat sync will actually act like wearing a winter coat and trap heat in all of those air pockets between the motor and heat sync.

I might be wrong, but I think you would be better off with a fan directly on the motor instead.

So, I'm pretty sure this will actually make your motor cool less efficiently. The motor has cooling fins so therefore the surface area of what touches between the heatsink and motor will be only about half of what it would be if it was a smooth motor can. The rest will be air pockets.

The way a heat sync works is that the heat of the motor transfers to the heat sync and then you use a fan to cool the heat sync because it has more surface area. In your case, the heat sync will actually act like wearing a winter coat and trap heat in all of those air pockets between the motor and heat sync.

I might be wrong, but I think you would be better off with a fan directly on the motor instead.
You can be rigth with that theory. Will see if it work or not, oneway around would be use some thermal paste before sliding heatsink on maybe.

The older G2 had temperature sensor and you could program esc cutoff if overheat occurs, but no idea does this have that feature.

You can be rigth with that theory. Will see if it work or not, oneway around would be use some thermal paste before sliding heatsink on maybe.

The older G2 had temperature sensor and you could program esc cutoff if overheat occurs, but no idea does this have that feature.
Yeah, run it and see how it works. I like the look of it. Like I said, I might be wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back