Typhon Hole in Chassis- Power Module Dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always do what I do and before installing the module back take a light line heavy thick grease. Then install. It'll go easy its a +. After installed lite line like your caulking where meets chassis and up around module some. Clean up isnt bad. Takes couple wipes with rag lol.

Keeps mine this clean!

View attachment 172775
I would just make removing and cleaning the Power Module out much more frequently. It comes off rather easily for maintenance. Every few runs or so. Good way to check your mesh and Motor mount for bending anyway. So there are no surprises when out bashing.
The design just is what it is. There are no work arounds. Sealing it better or opening a relief hole doesn't seem to work any better. A hole can even work against you as some say. Don't you think Arrma would have considered this by now?:unsure: The PM was designed to be removed easily and frequently enough.
Frequent Cleanouts of the PM are the norm for these 4x4's. The nature of the beast. Neglect that and well, you already know what happens....... Cant be lazy about that.

Last edited:
I would just make removing and cleaning the Power Module out much more frequently. It comes off rather easily for maintenance. Every few runs or so. Good way to check your mesh and Motor mount for bending anyway. So there are no surprises when out bashing.
The design just is what it is. There are no work arounds. Sealing it better or opening a relief hole doesn't seem to work any better. A hole can even work against you as some say. Don't you think Arrma would have considered this by now?:unsure: The PM was designed to be removed easily and frequently enough.
Frequent Cleanouts of the PM are the norm for these 4x4's. The nature of the beast. Neglect that and well, you already know what happens....... Cant be lazy about that.
But you shouldn't have to do it every few runs, which is what I had to do, if I went for more than 3 or 4 the bearings would be toast. I could see maybe having to do it every 20 or so but every 2 or 3 is rather ridiculous.

^^^
I feel your pain and understand it well. Too frequent PM cleanouts suck. The BB's do fail more easily They get trashed with all that fine dirt in there.
Arrma doesn't appear to have addressed this. They easily could have. Maybe its in the works? who knows.
I must admit I never owned a 4x4. Never pretend to. This is one main reason along with that slipper. I read very closely all those with these 4x4x's, almost wanting one. I have the manuals and blowup diag. parts list etc, for most of them. Trying to understand them. But I just can't do it.
I know I would be very disappointed. Just me. We all have different tastes.:cool:

^^^
I feel your pain and understand it well. Too frequent PM cleanouts suck. The BB's do fail more easily They get trashed with all that fine dirt in there.
Arrma doesn't appear to have addressed this. They easily could have. Maybe its in the works? who knows.
I must admit I never owned a 4x4. Never pretend to. This is one main reason along with that slipper. I read very closely all those with these 4x4x's, almost wanting one. I have the manuals and blowup diag. parts list etc, for most of them. Trying to understand them. But I just can't do it.
I know I would be very disappointed. Just me. We all have different tastes.:cool:

It's rather sad that my Traxxas 1/10th scale has been more reliable long term than either of my 3s Arrmas, out of the box the Arrma is better but once you own one and use it you find that it has severe design flaws that we the users cannot fix, hell Arrma is tossing bandaids at the problems already so that right there tells me that they do not have any idea of how to actually fix the design flaws without a major redesign.

I printed a new 43 tooth nylon gear and put a 13 tooth gear on the motor. After that, there was more space and I put a plug that does not allow even fine dust to pass through.

Translated via google translator.

View attachment 173155View attachment 173157

I came back for a report on using the 1mm spur mod.
I printed a spur with a 1mm mod over a year ago. I've driven about 50+ batteries and the spur looks almost like new. Anther covers the spur from sand.
The regular spur is made of composite, so there is a lot of abrasive dust from it and the spur grinds even faster. The piñon also grinds faster with a composite spur.

I used regular nylon. It is very slippery compared to composite nylon. Pinyon does not wear out.

You asked for a model, I uploaded it to cults3d. 4 spur sizes and a sand plug model.
I used nylon "bestfilament".
Maybe it was necessary to create a new topic to discuss sand in a spur for all models?
I communicate using google translator. Thank you.

I do not know how much the models should cost, but I have made a discount for now. I don't know approximate prices for 3d models, sorry if it's expensive. Write me a normal price in private messages: not expensive, not cheap, and I will fix it. Thank you.
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/arrma-3s-4s-blx-spur-gear-1mm-mod-with-sand-cap

000.jpg

I came back for a report on using the 1mm spur mod.
I printed a spur with a 1mm mod over a year ago. I've driven about 50+ batteries and the spur looks almost like new. Anther covers the spur from sand.
The regular spur is made of composite, so there is a lot of abrasive dust from it and the spur grinds even faster. The piñon also grinds faster with a composite spur.

I used regular nylon. It is very slippery compared to composite nylon. Pinyon does not wear out.

You asked for a model, I uploaded it to cults3d. 4 spur sizes and a sand plug model.
I used nylon "bestfilament".
Maybe it was necessary to create a new topic to discuss sand in a spur for all models?
I communicate using google translator. Thank you.

I do not know how much the models should cost, but I have made a discount for now. I don't know approximate prices for 3d models, sorry if it's expensive. Write me a normal price in private messages: not expensive, not cheap, and I will fix it. Thank you.
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/arrma-3s-4s-blx-spur-gear-1mm-mod-with-sand-cap

View attachment 254725

How are the bearings? Spur and pinion are the least of my problems as those get eaten up do to the bearings going bad not because of wear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back