Senton Horribly unbalanced tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Still having problems with my new Senton. I only have about 5 runs on it and now one wheel is horribly out of balance. When you get up to a certain speed it is so out of balance it bounces the wheel through the entire suspension travel range and bashes the tire against the body like whomp whomp whomp. From the feel of the tire, it seems the foam is bunched up in one side or something. What can I do? It looks like a pain to unglue the tire, but I would like to get this fixed asap. Is that the best course of action? Is it realistic to get the tire off, fix the foam and glue the tire back, or is that not going to work? I can put up a video of how bad it is, but I think you guys get the picture.

Its probably full of water and debris.... sounds like you might need to remove it and remount after vent them through the tyre instead of the wheel.

There are a few threads on this type of venting on here..

It definitely has no water in it. There may be sand, but it seems like the foam is bunched up.

So it is possible to remove these tires and put them back on? I've been researching and heard some factory tires are tough to unglue. Obviously I need to do it without destroying the tire. I see the methods of hear dryer/heat gun/oven/boiling. Guess I will have to figure that out.

I boiled mine for over an hour put some heavy leather gloves to protect from the heat and set about then.. Its hard work, the thumbs get a real workout.
Boiling longer does seem to help..

Try spinning that wheel at a decent speed using motor power.. do it outside though or you might leave a dirty line right up your wall and across your ceiling.. :D

So I think I got a tablespoon of sand out of that one wheel! I guess I will have to figure out how to vent them and hope it all get spun out. I had only ran it on sand once! Arghh!

I gorilla taped the wheel vent holes and made a tire vent tool (sharpened tube in a drill) that made a nice 1/8" hole. After the tires were vented and reinstalled I took it outside and gassed it while holding it up. Man did it eject a lot of sand from the tires. I can't believe it ate that much sand that quick. Literally one battery worth, a little over 10 mins running in sand. It seems to run smooth now, so we shall try again tomorrow.

Thanks for your help Ari33 and arrma forum!

The stock senton tyres are garbage, buy the traxxas 17mm hubs and you can run any 1/8 buggy tyres, my son went through 3 pairs of stock tyres at £25 a pair, they all failed, fast, now we can run cheap buggy tyres from eBay at £10 to £30 for a full set of four.

I suspect the insert has snapped and bunched up, feel around it and if you're finger touches the rim through the tyre it's torn, absolute garbage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back