Senton Hot racing aluminum spur gear adapted to senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supermax

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I just finished adding a team associated sct 4x4 spur gear to our senton. It wasnt too bad to do.

I bought the gear from hot racing through amazon. It was $18.00. Cut the original spur gear just inside the octagon on the friction disc side. Use that as a spacer and drill the center of the new spur gear to fit the output shaft.

Attachments

• 15431195223942392155339678575847.jpg
    15431195223942392155339678575847.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 74
  • 20181124_231243.jpg
    20181124_231243.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20181124_231239.jpg
    20181124_231239.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 56
More worried about the center piece stripping out from inside the gear... Looks to be a lot of a gap all around the composite plastic hex

The plastic piece is just a spacer but i am curious how this will play out as well. When I looked at the axial spur gear mod I didnt like the metal tube spacer riding on the plastic bearing race.

In this scenario the spacer is the same material as factory on the bearing race and slides onto it just like factory because it is the factory setup. The contact surface between the spacer made from the stock spur gear is not there to mesh with the metal spur gear. I just cut it that way because it looks clean. This really is just like the axial setup except. I had to drill a 10mm hole in the center of the new spur gear to slide it onto the output shaft. And I had to cut the old spur gear to make a spacer. I did have to do a bit of sanding on the cut spur gear to get the spacing correct.

This hole thing came about because I bought my son a mild castle setup and didnt notice when I installed the new motor that it had crazy shaft play. So less than one 2s pack layer his spur was toast.

I will be taking this setup apart after he runs it tomorrow to inspect things. I will take more pictures and post the outcome.

My son found the gear box all set up and before i could swap the bad castle motor out he had it back together and ran it. So the outcome was he smoked another spur gear because of the slop in the castle motor. The bright side is that my mods held up fantastic. I can not see any reason why this wouldnt hold up behind a 2s 80c battery and the castle sidewinder combo. The car is plenty powerful with that setup. The run time is awesome. And the combo is 100.00. Im sure the motor flaws are a fluke and not the norm. I ordered another set of slipper parts to make it dual slipper and a steel robinson racing spur for the sc10 this time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back