Senton Senton 4*4 Hot Racing shock upgrade trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiesai

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought some ATF155AR08 and ATF155AF08 front and rear replacement shocks for my Senton 4x4. I’m trying to install the o-ring/spacer stack inside the cap at the bottom of the shock.

The white cap/washer that is included with the kit fits in the retaining nut that holds the stack but does not fit tightly enough to stay on and contain the stack.

These kits do not come with helpful instructions and I’m not seeing any posts or videos mentioning this issue. Any help is appreciated

P.S. Medium time lurker. First time poster on mobile. Image is labeled with my terms since my grasp on the proper terms is limited.
IMG_0318.jpeg

The title of your tread states these are Hot Bodies shocks.
You mean Hot Racing I Imagine? A typo?
Many HR parts never come with instructionals. I would look to Youtube for some videos before proceeding.
I see on Amazon that many reviews indicate what you are having problems with. So you are not alone. There must be a video somewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-ATF155AR08-Aluminum-Threaded/product-reviews/B07QZXJR2P

Maybe this video will help?? IDK.

I have no experience with HR shocks. I believe the weak link with the 4x4 line shocks are the shafts/rods and rod ends coming apart, aside from the common leaking issues some state.
I use Arrma 6s shocks. Better shocks IMHO.
Just me.
Good luck.:cool:

The title of your tread states these are Hot Bodies shocks.
You mean Hot Racing I Imagine? A typo?
Many HR parts never come with instructionals. I would look to Youtube for some videos before proceeding.
I see on Amazon that many reviews indicate what you are having problems with. So you are not alone. There must be a video somewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-ATF155AR08-Aluminum-Threaded/product-reviews/B07QZXJR2P

Maybe this video will help?? IDK.

I have no experience with HR shocks. I believe the weak link with the 4x4 line shocks are the shafts/rods and rod ends coming apart, aside from the common leaking issues some state.
I use Arrma 6s shocks. Better shocks IMHO.
Just me.
Good luck.:cool:
Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed despite my brain and keyboard disconnecting (title fixed). The second video with the British bearded guy has a different o-ring stack from stock.
Stock: o-ring/spacer/o-ring/cap
Hot Racing: flange (wide end up)/o-ring/o-ring/cap

This arrangement moves half the flanges height into the oil passage, freeing up space for the o-rings.

Got one finished. The next will be a lot faster, I think I’ve found all the pieces my son deposited around the house.

Update: I don't have a video hosting service ready but, the difference is vast. The stockers had almost no oil in them and it slammed on the ground when dropped.
The new shocks work properly and it’s much quieter and the slow mo shows they’re actually working.

I’m not sure about the future of this vehicle. It may be mine forever, or get replaced when I pass it down to my son when he learns not to crash as often. I think may try the ARRMA 6s shocks next time. If only for ease of installation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back