Talion Hot racing steering block Pivot ball it’s to rough on it and stock one smooth play for my talion EXB…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So I’ve been having issues with the HR steering block so the pivot ball it’s too rough and I tried it on the stock one and it’s smooth play..so it says it’s for talion BLX not EXB?? Can someone help I really appreciate..🙏🏼

E09D5673-DF0D-47C2-9817-E5AEF9EED581.jpeg

BCAF54DF-C7D8-4075-9FFB-56BB8EF3D1A8.jpeg

592B8065-9371-4E3C-B786-D7ECF4380F3B.jpeg

148AB807-C302-48B6-9DC9-83929056A577.jpeg

What Talion do you have? The ones you show only fit the V1. The blocks are not as wide - these will only fit a new Typhon. That is why you axle sticks out soo far like that.

ALL stock 6s Pivot balls are the same dimensions. No matter the 6s rig. Talion or whatever.....
There are Upgraded stock PB versions however. The main difference being they have a finer Pitch Thread, don't walk out or loosen as easily.
HR aint all that IMHO. QC Machining wise.....But many have used HR ST block hubs without issue.
Perhaps there is too much anodizing material on the HR ST hubs and is causing binding??? I say the problem is with the HR hub itself, not the PB's.:unsure:
Stock PB's should be a direct fit to the HR hubs. HR PB's may even be the issue???? IDK for sure.

I would place the PB's in a drill chuck and polish them well. See if there is a difference. I polish my PB's this way on occasion when they get dirty and worn. Steering smoothens out nicely. Sometime I may even use a drop of Dry Lube on them. Some Track guys even use powdered Graphite as a lube on the PB Hubs socket. Adjust the PB Nut with the belcrank disconnected from the servo, to observe proper Play/ Smooth PB movement.

Like @HZRDOS stated the Hubs themselves do come in different flavors/sizes. 6s and TLRT Typhon and the All-Road models (Lim Infr/ Fel) use the same ST Hubs for example. Kraton, Noto and OC use different ones. Hex Axel length is different. But the PB's are the same for all of them.

Last edited:
What Talion do you have? The ones you show only fit the V1. The blocks are not as wide - these will only fit a new Typhon. That is why you axle sticks out soo far like that.
I have the talion EXB
ALL stock 6s Pivot balls are the same dimensions. No matter the 6s rig. Talion or whatever.....
There are Upgraded stock PB versions however. The main difference being they have a finer Pitch Thread, don't walk out or loosen as easily.
HR aint all that IMHO. QC Machining wise.....But many have used HR ST block hubs without issue.
Perhaps there is too much anodizing material on the HR ST hubs and is causing binding??? I say the problem is with the HR hub itself, not the PB's.:unsure:
Sorry I took the picture when I was working on my kraton 6s EXB so I switch this to my Talion 6s EXB and I’m having issue with the pivot ball nowzz😩😩

IIRC, when I put the HR steering blocks on my Kraton 6s the HR pivot balls were a bit rough. I wound up using the stock pivot balls, which had very little run time on them and were a lot smoother than the HRs.

I have a question how tight are you putting the pill ball cover nuts in the hub they have the O-ring to hold them in place so they should be tightened all the way then backed off just a little till the pillow ball is free moving. All most all if Aluminum hubs are this way.

I have a question how tight are you putting the pill ball cover nuts in the hub they have the O-ring to hold them in place so they should be tightened all the way then backed off just a little till the pillow ball is free moving. All most all if Aluminum hubs are this way.

Also they probably aren't seated properly until tightening the covers and then backing off a bit. I have the same hubs on my notorious and I thought they didn't fit properly until I had installed the back caps and then it was smooth as silk.

When I got the HR steering blocks the stock Arrma pillow balls would bind in them. They would constantly bind at certain points. This is without screwing in the delrin caps and screws. I cleaned them as well and polished them up. I ended up contacting HR and they responded quickly and sent me out another pair after I sent them some photos showing there wasn’t enough space for the pillow balls and to much thread. I also ended up ordering some GPM pillow balls and now they fit perfect. I should have tried the stock Arrma ones after getting the replacement Hr steering blocks I was to impatient to put it back together.

Post in thread 'Hot Racing steering blocks'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hot-racing-steering-blocks.51862/post-749606

Last edited:
When I got the HR steering blocks the stock Arrma pillow balls would not fit in them. They would constantly bind at certain points. I contacted HR and they responded quickly and sent me out another pair after I sent them some photos showing there wasn’t enough space for the pillow balls and to much thread. I also ended up ordering some GPM pillow balls and now they fit perfect. I should have tried the stock Arrma ones after getting the replacement Hr steering blocks I was to impatient to put it back together.

Check out my post about it.

Post in thread 'Hot Racing steering blocks'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hot-racing-steering-blocks.51862/post-749606
Agreed, I also use gpm pillow balls & hot racing hubs w/ 0 issues

Have them to tight?! I'm running em on a limitless. There smooth as butter.. or possibly damaged pivot balls?
Yeah if damaged, Polish them in a drill chuck with some Flitz or similar jewelers Rouge. Best for polishing these chrome plated PB's. You might save them.
Honestly, I never wore out or needed to replace any of mine. They are all originals. I check them often for free Steering movement. In a quick pinch I use a wax based Dry lube spray without disassembly, and it frees them up. Wax based dry lube sheds and removes/pushes out the dirt. Wipe off any excess when it dries. Keep bashing....
Fine clay dirt tends to bind them up within a few packs depending where you bash. To the point the PB's will audibly squeak.
Most of my off road is in the clay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back