Hota D6+ on its way out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I thought I had a lipo problem:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bad-lipo-cell-but-ir-is-okay.63794/
Turns out, I think, it was a charger problem.

I've tried swapping out balance port connectors. Reconnected may times. Verified the numbers from the b6ac with a multimeter. Anything else I can try to diagnose a failing hota charger channel? Sucks to think of any damage I might have done to my other lipos when this thing was on its way out. At least it's just channel 1, I still have the second channel to use.
20230730_175812.jpg
20230730_180111.jpg

Worth a shot.

Went back to try this and the channel was reading correctly. It seems the inconsistency is what really worries me.

Like earlier today, for example. It was reading balanced at storage charge when i plugged it in, and then a while into the charge it reads this
20230730_152104.jpg

Don't have a power supply, so just AC.

Plug it into your car battery. Power supplies that are going out make electronics do funny thing, just to rule it out.

Thanks good idea. Forgot I've seen plenty of videos with people using a car battery as the DC input for a charger and the car battery on trickle charge or something.

I think you can calibrate it? Some of those HOTA based ones you can anyway.

I don't think it's a matter of calibration. The voltage "wanders". Regardless of calibration, I would still worry that while charging later on the voltage could wander and kill another lipo.

You can. The problem with calibrating a charger for normal hobby folks is we don't have anything to accurately calibrate them with. You need a lab grade voltage source, especially down to the thousandth decimal, which HOTA's display.

Stupid question do you have the balance lead plugged directly into the charger or is it plugged into one of those balance boards like this? Try plugging the battery directly into the charger.

1691108995580.png

Stupid question do you have the balance lead plugged directly into the charger or is it plugged into one of those balance boards like this? Try plugging the battery directly into the charger.

View attachment 315181
I’ve had that happen multiple times. That’s why I don’t use them anymore unless absolutely necessary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back