Hota F6+ quad charger - Sync Charge option disabled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minitt2015

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just got this Hota F6+ quad charger which has the "sync charge" option that would combine 2 channel into one.
But my unit have this option greyed out meaning i see the option but I can't select it.

Anyone have any idea why they have this option deactivated ?

hota f6+ sync charge disabled.jpg

Not familiar with that Smart Display charger. But check the manual better. May need a F/W update or maybe its greyed out because the wiring was not prepared for that feature???. It doesn't recognize a combined channel wiring configuration yet. IDK any more.. Just some ideas. :unsure:
What is the whole purpose of that Sync Charge anyway?

I don't have a Hota, but I could understand if it's deactivated by default and must be activated. Charging or discharging ONE lipo using TWO charging ports (in parallel) can dangerous unless you know what you're doing. So this option is not for everyone.

I would recommend contacting the manufacture. I looked thru the manual and found nothing about syncing.
Also did a search and came up empty. Best of luck finding an answer.

I don’t know the answer but what’s your application? Why do you need that feature?
I am trying to use this to charge a 4S 280AH 12V Lifepo4 battery ( use this for camping ) . The battery itself can take 280Ah of charging current. So if I can combine 2 channels of HOTA f6+ into one I can charge the battery at 30A which is still very slow but it should also do balance charging . I’m also just getting into RC hobby so I was hoping to use this charger for lipo charging later on .

I am trying to use this to charge a 4S 280AH 12V Lifepo4 battery ( use this for camping ) . The battery itself can take 280Ah of charging current. So if I can combine 2 channels of HOTA f6+ into one I can charge the battery at 30A which is still very slow but it should also do balance charging . I’m also just getting into RC hobby so I was hoping to use this charger for lipo charging later on .
Sounds like a great use for that feature. Hope you get it figured out.

Hota sent me this firmware HOTA F6+ V1.0.1.prg . Sync Charge option still greyed out while in AC mode.

It turns out if I use a DC power supply only then "Sync Charge" option becomes active. This is very annoying given this is their flagship product.

here is what the issue look like. I don't know if this by design blocked or something they can fix via firmware update.

If I can't use Sync Charge in AC mode , I am thinking while Using AC input: I could use a Y cable to combine Ch1 and Ch3 to charge the battery with 30A (15A+15A).

I would have to start tasks on both channel separately. But I am wondering if this would actually damage the charger . if anyone have any experience doing this please let me know.

here is what the issue look like. I don't know if this by design blocked or something they can fix via firmware update.

If I can't use Sync Charge in AC mode , I am thinking while Using AC input: I could use a Y cable to combine Ch1 and Ch3 to charge the battery with 30A (15A+15A).

I would have to start tasks on both channel separately. But I am wondering if this would actually damage the charger . if anyone have any experience doing this please let me know.
I’m sure there’s a safe way to make that work. However, balancing features wouldn’t work, which is a major issue.

Ok I did some tests . I can combine ch1 and ch3 to charge at 30A without using sync charge . Couldn’t find a way to use sync charge in AC mode. I could try 1 task as just charge with a bit lower full charge voltage and another task as balancing with full charge voltage . So charge task will finish sooner and balance task will continue. I am hoping this won’t kill the charger .

IMG_9372.jpeg

Don't have it but the F6 manual states that sync will only work if you supply DC. Haven't see a F6+ manual on their page.
Their website has Firmware v1.0.4, just for reference.

Ok I did some tests . I can combine ch1 and ch3 to charge at 30A without using sync charge . Couldn’t find a way to use sync charge in AC mode. I could try 1 task as just charge with a bit lower full charge voltage and another task as balancing with full charge voltage . So charge task will finish sooner and balance task will continue. I am hoping this won’t kill the charger .

View attachment 342768
Don't forget to balance the cells

Bought a meanwell 24V server power supply to power the HOTA F6+ at 27V DC sync charge seems to be working now at 22A at each side. Gotta find some parallel xt60 to test out total 44A charging output which will be a combination of both side in sync charge mode. If it works this could be a fantastic charger after all. Their facebook rep told me it should work. If Any one have any warranty experience with HOTA charger , please let me .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back