How do I fit a composite slider driveshaft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickyp15

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I bought my son a Granite 3S for Christmas and one of the rear sliders has detached from the drive cog. I can see there is a screw which has to be fastened once the slider is back in place on the metal drive “cog” but I have no idea how to access that screw with an Alan key - any help to a newbie massively appreciated!!

I bought my son a Granite 3S for Christmas and one of the rear sliders has detached from the drive cog. I can see there is a screw which has to be fastened once the slider is back in place on the metal drive “cog” but I have no idea how to access that screw with an Alan key - any help to a newbie massively appreciated!!
You will need a long bit that fits up thru the plastic shaft. It is hollow.

You sir, are an absolute star. Found a long Allen key set at the back of my tool shed and all seems to be fixed now, plus one happy boy. Not sure how that screw came undone in the first place as it does not appear to have sheared off...

You sir, are an absolute star. Found a long Allen key set at the back of my tool shed and all seems to be fixed now, plus one happy boy. Not sure how that screw came undone in the first place as it does not appear to have sheared off...

Sometimes we'll get a new truck and it needs to be looked over for manufacturing mistakes or really just screws and parts that are shipped a bit loose. That one would've been tough to see but good practice to go over our vehicles out of the box just in case something got over-looked.
Welcome to the Forum and glad you got it sorted out. ?

I would put some blue thread lock on those screws to help keep it from coming loose and happening again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back