How do you "weld" a plastic diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miata_meistro

I 💖Truggies
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
So the kraton got some of its problems fixed but its still on its plastic diff and the front one is shot and the rear is on its way out. I plan on ordering aluminum diffs next paycheck. I'm assuming I can just take the drive shaft out and make it rwd and if so how do I simulate a wielded diff with a plastic diff

Without installing a diff locker inside the case I don't think it's possible. Possibly 2 mill diff fluid or stuffing ear plugs in your center diff. I view all these ideas as bad. I would just wait till your parts arrive.

JB liquid weld!!
It's a joke, don't actually do it.

Without installing a diff locker inside the case I don't think it's possible. Possibly 2 mill diff fluid or stuffing ear plugs in your center diff. I view all these ideas as bad. I would just wait till your parts arrive.

JB liquid weld!!
If he plans on replacing the entire diff yes JB weld or even epoxy will basically make it a locked rear diff.

But yeah 100% do not do that unless you are just going to be doing speed runs up and down the street with it.

I have successfully used epoxy and steel tubing to "patch" or reinforce things. An a-arm on my HPI Bullet that broke at the hinge too easily. I've also re-sleeved a diff case (https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/sleeving-your-plastic-diff-case.55575). The A-arms definitely aren't at 100% strength, more like 60 to 70%. But both projects have had good results. The a-arm survived a 40 or or 50mph cartwheel when speed running with only a minor crack.

I cant promise it would hold up to big bashing, but these diffs have taken me to almost 90mph in my Bullet. It's definitely a DIY at your own risk. But it can be done.

What kind of repairs do you need to do?

JB liquid weld!!
Melt the outer housing got it 🤣🤣🤣
If he plans on replacing the entire diff yes JB weld or even epoxy will basically make it a locked rear diff.

But yeah 100% do not do that unless you are just going to be doing speed runs up and down the street with it.
I was honestly gonna just try and see if it could make it drift on pavement with stock tyres 🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back