Kraton Is it ok to hose down the electronics in my Kraton Exb Rtr?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_hero6

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to hose down the electronics in my Kraton Exb Rtr? Also, if I do, what effects will it have?

Long story short no. You can by all means hose your rc car off after every run but the screws, driveshafts and bearings with get rusty, screws and driveshafts are just cosmetic but when bearings rust they do not work very well afterwards. Then you have to worry about water getting into the receiver box and the fact that the esc is not 100% waterproof. If the receiver gets wet it will malfunction or just die same goes for the esc.

It isn’t advised, no.

Mud is the only time I would hose down the RC. Put a rag or something over the ESC rather than drenching it. Make sure you dry it out really good after with a leaf blower or compressor. Water tends to get in places and not come out. If not full of mud just brush it off and wipe it down.

Not advised..

Best to use a air compressor to blow off all the dirt & debris and use Simple Green solution to clean up the rest.. (with a brush for tight spaces)

I've seen and heard others do it. Just not me. Even mud I wouldn't do it.

An air compressor is priceless for RC's. Even if it's a cheap pancake style from Harbor Freight and you need to let it fill up several times. It will blow most everything off. Even dried mud. Like sand blasting with the right tip.

https://www.northerntool.com/produc...BdZ8LYowV8V-Z1MLALhoCntwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

And don't throw away your old toothbrushes. Or go to the dollar store and buy multi packs. Again priceless. I've also found weird brushes while shopping. Not what they were intended for but, work great.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kripyery...6?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101178706

And for nitros some Simple Green or Purple Power with the brushes and blow it off outside.

For 9 months out of the year I use a garden hose to clean my truck. There's no other way I know of to get all the mud off of my truck.

First I tape off the top of my fan then hose the truck down to get the chunks off. Then I spray it down with Simple Green and scrub it down then rinse it off. Afterwards I blow it down with some air then WD40 my dog bones and CVs to displace the water. I always bring the trucks inside my house to dry.

In the summer I blow it down with some air when I'm done driving and call it good.

For 9 months out of the year I use a garden hose to clean my truck. There's no other way I know of to get all the mud off of my truck.

First I tape off the top of my fan then hose the truck down to get the chunks off. Then I spray it down with Simple Green and scrub it down then rinse it off. Afterwards I blow it down with some air then WD40 my dog bones and CVs to displace the water. I always bring the trucks inside my house to dry.

In the summer I blow it down with some air when I'm done driving and call it good.

This is why I don't wash my cars anymore. Believe it or not but I still have this motor.

I live in the Northwest, a 30lb rig equals 14lb of truck and 16lb wet clay and mud. The rigs have to be stored in the house or they'll rust up and grow mold. So after every drive they get a shower, a blow drying, and a lube up. That's life when you live somewhere where the rainy season is 10 months out of the year.

Is it ok to hose down the electronics in my Kraton Exb Rtr? Also, if I do, what effects will it have?
Obviously you can see there is mixed reviews on this. If you are like me and don't give a F then have at it. I don't take caution at all and smash water on the motor esc servo all of it.

Personally the next day I pull all the wheel bearing wd40 soak and relube with silicone oil or grease if its a big bearing.

I understand exactly what im doing though and if I need to replace a bearing so be it, as often as I rip apart an RC, 5 times a week it doesn't add any extra time to my working on them lol.

We all have our own experience on this topic, this is mine. You have to understand this though, with all things not just RC. What happens to one person doesn't happen to all of us. Slicks terrible sounding motor hasnt happened to me in 2 decades of no giving a crap and hosing off RC's.

You may have something happen none of us have seen before from hosing off your RC, or you may rarely see an issue.

What I can tell you is a garranty is inner wheel bearings, These are already under a great deal of stress, little bit of rust and they will lock up or explode one of the other.
I live in the Northwest, a 30lb rig equals 14lb of truck and 16lb wet clay and mud. The rigs have to be stored in the house or they'll rust up and grow mold. So after every drive they get a shower, a blow drying, and a lube up. That's life when you live somewhere where the rainy season is 10 months out of the year.
I lived just south of michigan for most of my life, i hear ya man. I didnt care, hose off, air dry, lube.... literally Rinse and Repeat... 2 decades later and It's still what i do when its crazy dirty.

Obviously you can see there is mixed reviews on this. If you are like me and don't give a F then have at it. I don't take caution at all and smash water on the motor esc servo all of it.

Personally the next day I pull all the wheel bearing wd40 soak and relube with silicone oil or grease if its a big bearing.

I understand exactly what im doing though and if I need to replace a bearing so be it, as often as I rip apart an RC, 5 times a week it doesn't add any extra time to my working on them lol.

We all have our own experience on this topic, this is mine. You have to understand this though, with all things not just RC. What happens to one person doesn't happen to all of us. Slicks terrible sounding motor hasnt happened to me in 2 decades of no giving a crap and hosing off RC's.

You may have something happen none of us have seen before from hosing off your RC, or you may rarely see an issue.

What I can tell you is a garranty is inner wheel bearings, These are already under a great deal of stress, little bit of rust and they will lock up or explode one of the other.

I lived just south of michigan for most of my life, i hear ya man. I didnt care, hose off, air dry, lube.... literally Rinse and Repeat... 2 decades later and It's still what i do when its crazy dirty.
You must have nothing better to do than replace stuff. And endless money to do so. I've tried the not giving a F. Usually costs me more money.

Yeah...washing RCs and water is a big topic. When I do use water I use a process like this best explained in the video. Really OCD when I do

You must have nothing better to do than replace stuff. And endless money to do so. I've tried the not giving a F. Usually costs me more money.
I mean RC is my main hobby lol, of course its all I do other then work and spend time with my beautiful fiance. Endless money kinda of, but I don't spend hardely anything on ground vehicles when it comes to broken parts or maintenece. So nope it doesn't cost much to not give a F.

What costs a lot is upgrades!! Oh and helicopters, those are $2to3k each

Break an A-arm bashing, seize 1 bearing over a year time from washing. :ROFLMAO: Thats cheap man.. Literally dollars.

I mean some people like to put 40k in a muscle car and let it sit in the garage. Not me i Gone in 60 seconds mine.... All day :ROFLMAO:
Yeah...washing RCs and water is a big topic. When I do use water I use a process like this best explained in the video. Really OCD when I do

I agree totally with this. I do a shorter version of the same thing. Nothing pulls mud off like good ol water. I even use his same lube hahah..

406171131_686128463711859_9069599846800909164_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think whether you use a garden hose or not to clean your truck depends on what it cake with when you're done driving. If it takes a scrub brush and a bucket of soapy water to get your truck clean enough to bring into the house then that's life. Don't forget the oil when you're done.

Yeah...

That is partly why I do it. I have a really nice home office where they live, and my RC's are more like model cars when not in use. Even on Zoom calls, they get a lot of attention and conversation. I do keep mine in the house, and it does help with the outdoor smell that washing removes, 🤷‍♂️

I hose mine down and put them in a room with a dehumidifier to dry, but I avoid spraying the electronics directly as much as I can. Never had a problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back