Senton How do I remove the motor module?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neilski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Having lots of trouble taking out the motor module on wenton 3s. The thing just wont budge. I have taken out the screws i need to as i need to get to crown gear and check diff for a crack. Getting seroiusly frsutrated with it now. TIA

Having lots of trouble taking out the motor module on wenton 3s. The thing just wont budge. I have taken out the screws i need to as i need to get to crown gear and check diff for a crack. Getting seroiusly frsutrated with it now. TIA
Mine was a major pain in the butt to remove someone at Arrma thought it would be funny to put red loctite on the diff outdrive...

Things I have done to help get the motor mount out:
- Took a thin metal ruler and stuck it under the locking tab once it was pulled up. That way, I didn't have to hold that tab up while pulling back on the motor module, which is awkward.
- Used a large flat-head screwdriver to gently pry one side, then the other, to start sliding the assembly out.

I assume you mean the whole plastic assembly that has the slipper clutch and all that in it.

Taking the motor assembly out is a huge pain in the butt, nothing like it looks in the youtube video by arrma. Typically what I've done myself is pull the tab up, while taking a screwdriver and prying against the motor mount to pop it out of place, it takes a couple go's, but it eventually comes out. Also, I'd be really surprised if the diff is cracked, I've done many things to my diff, but it's never cracked for me

Anyone got any pointers for getting this drive assembly out without breaking it? My son's Senton stopped running. Drive shaft doesn't spin under throttle. But the assembly won't budge. Took out the screw, pull the tab, motor side will move about an 1/8th of an inch and that's it. At this point it's breaking with me trying to pry it out. I'm going to end up replacing the entire gearbox because it's probably only going to come out in pieces.

Anyone got any pointers for getting this drive assembly out without breaking it? My son's Senton stopped running. Drive shaft doesn't spin under throttle. But the assembly won't budge. Took out the screw, pull the tab, motor side will move about an 1/8th of an inch and that's it. At this point it's breaking with me trying to pry it out. I'm going to end up replacing the entire gearbox because it's probably only going to come out in pieces.

Wedge a credit car in the tab, then use a screw driver and pry at the spots circled. Do note you have to remove the battery retainer that is in front of the motor module, it is screwed in from the bottom.
20210203_192501.jpg

Thanks, that's pretty much exactly what I was doing. The "housing" began breaking right in those two spots from prying on it. But turns out the spur gear was stripped

Yup use a nice flathead on either side but be gentle as you don't want to wear down the plastic too much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back