Kraton How do you like your punch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny1202

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
After been out at the local bmx track today I came home and watched a video about punch and how to change it.. very cool feature, is this common with all rc brands? Anyway…

Even though I’ve not experimented with it yet I’ve decided full punch is the best no matter how or where you drive.. like, it will make it more snappy on a bmx track but you will just have to tame the finger back a bit, at least there will be no delay in torque and you know exactly what you will get, same goes for in the air I guess?

Just wondering what you guys think about it and if you have a different view to me and why?

P.S I’ve been out twice now and not broken anything so I’m getting there 😂😂😂

P.P.S like my rig of the month pic 🥸

Full punch for all my rigs.. you have a great understanding of it.. it is and always was in the finger/throttle control.. the rigs will snap around much quicker in the air..

Full punch for all my rigs.. you have a great understanding of it.. it is and always was in the finger/throttle control.. the rigs will snap around much quicker in the air..
Yeah I guess the first few outings could be costly but there’s no point just dipping your toe in is there 😂

I’m getting an outcast on Friday so I was gonna full punch it and 1million cst the centre diff straight out the box.. do you make any adjustments to the brakes? I was thinking to make them stronger on the outcast to get it doing some endo’s and that 😃

Yeah I guess the first few outings could be costly but there’s no point just dipping your toe in is there 😂

I’m getting an outcast on Friday so I was gonna full punch it and 1million cst the centre diff straight out the box.. do you make any adjustments to the brakes? I was thinking to make them stronger on the outcast to get it doing some endo’s and that 😃
Keep in mind full punch is harder on your driveline/diffs and batteries. If you're running full punch with amazon special packs you're gonna be disappointed and will probably reduce the life of the packs. Make sure you have strong packs for full punch.

In the face or maybe even in the gut.
Napoleon Dynamite Fight GIF

Nice man, my favorite rig is the outcast.. 1 mil in the center is mint.. I run the same, ran 500k for a while but it breaks down way to fast.. I like where the 1 mil settles off to.. 👍

You can certainly change the brake rate, but I leave mine at default settings.. mess around and see what suits your driving... I found the higher brake rate became a little to touchy for the little movement in the trigger.. but you may like it, won't know until you try it.. 😎

Keep in mind full punch is harder on your driveline/diffs and batteries. If you're running full punch with amazon special packs you're gonna be disappointed and will probably reduce the life of the packs. Make sure you have strong packs for full punch.

I find this way more of a problem in the "on road scene".. there is so little throttle input while bashing and flipping, it's 90% just blips of the throttle with no long amp loads.. I run cheapo zee with no issue in the bashing field.. have some packs that are years old noe and still function.. 👍

Nice man, my favorite rig is the outcast.. 1 mil in the center is mint.. I run the same, ran 500k for a while but it breaks down way to fast.. I like where the 1 mil settles off to.. 👍

You can certainly change the brake rate, but I leave mine at default settings.. mess around and see what suits your driving... I found the higher brake rate became a little to touchy for the little movement in the trigger.. but you may like it, won't know until you try it.. 😎

I find this way more of a problem in the "on road scene".. there is so little throttle input while bashing and flipping, it's 90% just blips of the throttle with no long amp loads.. I run cheapo zee with no issue in the bashing field.. have some packs that are years old noe and still function.. 👍
Yeah man I want the outcast to be a full on stunt machine, start doing some of that kamikaze poop back flipping off my mums house on to her car then get punched in the face 😂

So what do you gain from it?

In the Kraton I was thinking about putting a bigger pinion on, not really for top end but for a bit less snap on the throttle..?

Ahh maybe lowering the timing is useful when running big pinions to bring the temps back down?

Back