New York How to get a bunch of dirt mounds built in town?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
I now work and live in a very small town that was founded in 1780's by a revolutionary war officer. Maybe 5000 people. The Town Fell asleep years ago and is just starting to wake up again :-/

Ive been frustrated with this town and lack of everything along with fear of change and downright stupidity!
A couple of my neighbors have been town board members in retirement (im not there yet!) and have way more frustration than me.
So I started posting locally about the lack of a simple dirt-mound BMX areas and the fact that there is nothing for the kids to do. I thought, just dirt mounds! No pavement, low liability. It Turned into a Turd-show of miss-information mostly but there is Huge support for one! The Kids NEED one.
We have an Ice Ring No one uses.
We have 4 Tennis courts that No one uses.
And so on...

People worried about insurance... Have they seen the toddler playground?!?! Its just short of a torture chamber HAHA.

I don't know where to begin or who to involve. Anyone ever start this type of trouble?

We have a town park with lots of places that need improvement. I assume the "town" park (it also has a ball field and picnic areas) is the bast place to start.
The other places are Town School property with palygrounds and ball fields but I assume that woud be most difficult to deal with.

Its a VERY SMALL TOWN!

If I can pull this off, get enough support I think the local kids will deify me :)
I just want a place to Bash my RC's!

Just something like this.

293023325_5671137306229972_6368617155512347474_n.jpg

293093487_5671137649563271_7832352161987268142_n.jpg

292736122_5671136522896717_8280861647625101656_n.jpg

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
There is a lot of maintenance that comes with a track like that. Be prepared to volunteer about 10 hours a week to maintain it.

My friend and neighbor is close friends with the Mayor who is looking for these kinds of improvements.
They want to me submit a proposal.

There is a lot of maintenance that comes with a track like that. Be prepared to volunteer about 10 hours a week to maintain it.
What kind of maintenance can we expect?
Needs to be as maintenance free as possible. Whats minimum? Suggested?

A town park location is possible.

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 10.46.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 10.49.24 AM.png

Last edited:
My friend and neighbor is close friends with the Mayor who is looking for these kinds of improvements.
They want to me submit a proposal.

What kind of maintenance can we expect?
Needs to be as maintenance free as possible. Whats minimum? Suggested?

A town park location is possible.

View attachment 228882

View attachment 228881
Mostly erosion issues. I maintained a bmx track in my youth. A good weed whip and a shovel is all you will need for tools to maintain unless you want to spray the over growth. You don’t want to use straight dirt. A heavy clay mix will help a lot. We also found a material called geo web in layers of the ramps help keep it stable for less maintenance. But you can expect to be out there every few week with a small load of clay and dirt to rebuild the sides and faces of the jumps. Lots of YouTube videos on how to maintain a track. Just have a signup for volunteers. Good luck with it all. Rain is going to be your worst enemy. 1 rain fall can destroy a track if it’s hard enough.

Last edited:
I have a decent size dirt track in my backyard. There's a build thread here on it. It is straight dirt which is harder to maintain. Mixture of clay will def help with erosion and keeping it packed. Weeds are my biggest problem. Drainage too. I added on to the track this year so I lost 2 of my drains. It floods like crazy in a downpour. 🤷‍♂️

Every season I order new dirt to top things off. It's def a lot of upkeep, but so worth it. There's no big bashing tracks around me. I've considered doing the same you are with our small town or just buying some land and making my own! 👍:LOL:

Good luck! Hope it works out!! ✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back