How to set up handbrake when using DX5c controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolemite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Vorteks
All, this user needs help with the setup of a DX5c. I got tired of not having the correct controller, so i bough the DX5c. Only problem is that I cannot get the handbrake to work. Using the s2315 receiver that came with the Fireteam, but when i go into aux assign on the DX5c, it does nothing no matter what i do. Right now aux 1 is set to Input d, and mode is Linear.

Is AVC on? Aux1&2 are used for AVC and you can't utilize them. Need to go to Aux 3 and assign a button to it.
Alternatively, turn off AVC on both Receiver and transmitter.
I went to Aux 3 and set it to D. The handbrake still does nothing. AVC is turned off as this receiver does not have that feature.

Does the handbrakes servo work?
Yes. When i remind the remote it came with, the handbrake works great
On my Aux Assign menu, i have it as follows:
Channel: Aux3
Input: D
Mode: 3-pos
Cyclic: Inhibit
Momentary: Active

why use input D ?
If you use D, it should be set-up as 2 position, not 3

button G would be better, it is located at the thumb.
It is only a 2 position switch and should be set as Momentary: Active
Assign to AUX3 and you should be good to go

^^^+1
I also have the DX5C. Far from my favorite radio.
But it will work. Need to understand the radio Menu better. Patience.
Just that I hate that HB altogether. With Any Arrma rig.
Get rid of it. Or just wait till the HB breaks or the novelty wears off, then yank it out. Your ESC's BEC circuit will thank you. So will your Steering servo.:giggle:
If you rarely use the HB, and it should be used "Correctly" when you do, it is just a waste of resource and chassis real estate. Complicates wrenching on the chassis etc. HB needs to correctly adjusted all the time. Creates Friction Heat etc. Also, the HB Servo will fail at some point as well, and could take out your ESC in the process. Happens like this.

Last edited:
Well, folks, I am currently wearing the biggest dunce cap ever made! Opened the receiver box, and unplugged the handbrake, then replugged it, and the damn thing works. Turns out it was user error all the time, was not plugged in the right direction. Thanks to all of you, and no thanks to me lol!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back