DX5C - will upgrading firmware erase current model settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a dozen cars tied to my DX5C with all the settings exactly how I want them.

Will I have to reprogram everything if I do a firmware update on the transmitter?

From experience of flashing/upgrading firmware on Other electronic devices..
It's VERY Likely it will erase all prior settings & configurations.

Unless there's a way to save&export those settings beforehand and then re-import them after the F/W update.

What’s the update fix? Is it worth the trouble if it were to factory reset?

What’s the update fix? Is it worth the trouble if it were to factory reset?
It enables the changing of ESC settings directly from the transmitter. For example, I could change my SCX6’s drag brake, punch, or reverse settings in the middle of a trail hike.

Is that capability worth losing all my models and settings? Good question. Not sure.

It enables the changing of ESC settings directly from the transmitter. For example, I could change my SCX6’s drag brake, punch, or reverse settings in the middle of a trail hike.

Is that capability worth losing all my models and settings? Good question. Not sure.

Has that 'feature' been tested & verified Reliable?
Sometimes an update "sounds" nifty and great..
But Only works Half the time....

Just sayin'

Has that 'feature' been tested & verified Reliable?
Sometimes an update "sounds" nifty and great..
But Only works Half the time....

Just sayin'
Yes. It’s been out for 2-3 years but I just learned about it, from someone who uses and swears by it.

Yes. It’s been out for 2-3 years but I just learned about it, from someone who uses and swears by it.

Then maybe it's time to go thru and take photos of each settings so you have a record of all your configurations for each vehicle...

I have a dozen cars tied to my DX5C with all the settings exactly how I want them.

Will I have to reprogram everything if I do a firmware update on the transmitter?
Yes it does delete settings and the models last I did that, And it sucks. Been there. Takes super long to reprogram every single model depending how many you have, Rebinding and all. Sucks. At least write down all the settings before updating, to be on the safe side.. Been there.

>>>I believe there might be one RaceWare F/W Update that allows you to retain/save those settings somehow and then copy them back to the new F/W?
Don't quote me. Verify first. I hate my DX5C, so I only have a few old little used vintage models left on it.

@Tex Koder said it...

On my DX5C, I record each setting in an Excel file for each rig. I have lost them before. If it does wipe, I know the STR, Travel, AVC, etc so just putting the numbers back in.

F/W updates got me before. As I started adding more and more models, I realized I am not going to rebind every single model like some idiot. Like 6 or 7 I had. My DX5C is v.1 Old stuff.
Maybe the Pro can save the settings to USB drive. Import and export it back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back