Outcast Hows the steering on outcast v2, similar to kraton v2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kp207

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a kraton v1 and v2. I was a bit disappointed on the turning radius on the v2, even after new servo and servo saver. So I was wondering if the v2 outcast has similar issues or if its a non issue due to its shorter wheelbase. The kraton v1 turns super sharp compared to kraton v2 and has a shorter wheelbase.

Has to do with the Servo and Servo Saver/Arm 99% of the time. The SS usually wears out and the RTR OE servos just Suck. (if you are having real bad steering issues)
Not sure what you actually have in yours, servo wise.
In theory, all things being equal, A Shorter Wheelbase will always steer quicker and better with less issues, while driving The basic difference between V1 and V2's, if I am correct, is the Wheelbase. Basically 2 different chassis platforms will never drive alike. The longer the Wheelbase , the more "Steering Push" you get. (Less steering) Car ends up "pushing straighter", despite the wheels being turned hard.
Tires also have much to do with this as well. The wheel alignment also matters. Other small factors.
Are you running different tires on the OC4s and K4s???:unsure:

Chosen Diff oils can also drastically decrease or increase steering response. Too thick an oil in the rear for example will make the car Push straight more. Less steering results. Thicker oil in the front diff produces the opposite affect. Much is trial and error to dial it in. And how you like to drive.

The right balance of oils at Fr and Rr Diffs, will get you the best Steering/turning response. WIih my 6s stuff, I run 60k Fr and 20-30k Rr. Usually front being roughly Double the thickness over the rear. With Arrma 4x4's this may be different. Trial and error. what works for you. But doubling the front over the rear thickness usually works best with 4WD Platforms in general, when it comes to bashing them.
Track running on a confined groomed track is different.

Edited.

Last edited:
Try taking off the front swaybar, it helps a fair amount. IIRC, the V1 didn't have swaybars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back