HW Max 6 programming?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longhaulrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Mojave
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Senton 3s
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Vendetta
  13. Vorteks
So I recently installed the Max6 combo in my Fireteam. I've used several of the 1080's in my crawlers over the years, and subsequently, I've collected a few of the LCD programming cards. But upon closer inspection of the cards I already owned, the list of parameters is different than what I'm seeing on the Internet. Will these still work if I find the actual parameters I need on the Internet? Or do I need to buy the appropriate LCD card for my Max6? Another question, I own the Spektrum programmer/battery checker for my Firma esc's, will that possibly work on a Hobbywing?

So I recently installed the Max6 combo in my Fireteam. I've used several of the 1080's in my crawlers over the years, and subsequently, I've collected a few of the LCD programming cards. But upon closer inspection of the cards I already owned, the list of parameters is different than what I'm seeing on the Internet. Will these still work if I find the actual parameters I need on the Internet? Or do I need to buy the appropriate LCD card for my Max6? Another question, I own the Spektrum programmer/battery checker for my Firma esc's, will that possibly work on a Hobbywing?
What you do is refer to the The Max6 ESC manual's Parameter line items and use the HW Programmer line items as they show up on the Programmer's display. It should sink up for that ESC. Been there. It works. As long as the HW programmer will recognize the ESC once plugged into it.
Just need to have the Max6 Manual in front of you to do it. That is your reference. This works. I've done this before many times.
Good luck. :cool:

Did you notice the program cards came with two stickers that lists the options? One was for crawling esc's and the other was for the rest. Even without the sticker, the card still works for you following the above noted advice. In fact my program card for the Max 6 came from a 1080 I had when I first got into crawling. It helped that I kept the sticker lol. Before the 1080 I had to program the Max 6 the manual way and count flashes

Did you notice the program cards came with two stickers that lists the options? One was for crawling esc's and the other was for the rest. Even without the sticker, the card still works for you following the above noted advice. In fact my program card for the Max 6 came from a 1080 I had when I first got into crawling. It helped that I kept the sticker lol. Before the 1080 I had to program the Max 6 the manual way and count flashes
I don't recall, it's been a while since I've had the 1080s for a hot minute. I do have another one in an unopened box, I'll peel it open and check out the insides.

Have 3 1080's old ones. Still in my old TA's . TC3 and (2) 10T Truggies.
I still use those 1080 Prog cards in the old BLX Arrma ESC's and even my 3 XR8 Plus on occassion, But use the wifi adapter for these most of the time. I have a spare card I keep on me when I bash out there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back