HW Max6 G2 Fan Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
HI, has anyone upgraded the ESC fan on a HW Max6 G2? I wanted to do it out of the gate prior to installation but the plug is new to me. Looking on the site, it seems it is a ZH plug and they do sell 'upgrade fans' with the same plug. I have been looking online and can't seem to find the plug that they use anywhere. I have recently gotten as far as learning JR & JST, beyond that I see stars....lol

You could always just plug a fan into the rx

You could always just plug a fan into the rx
Yeah, I have set it up to run the Rx on a LiLon and wanted to use the ESC internal thermostat to turn it on/off (which I am assuming that it has)
You can use a soldering iron. Solder the the plug from the original fan to any other fan you want to buy.
I had done that with my Spektrum ESC fan, but was hoping to crimp a new plug and have it be a little cleaner in there. If it comes down to it, that is the plan. I find it odd that I can't find those plugs anywhere.

Yeah, I have set it up to run the Rx on a LiLon and wanted to use the ESC internal thermostat to turn it on/off (which I am assuming that it has)

I had done that with my Spektrum ESC fan, but was hoping to crimp a new plug and have it be a little cleaner in there. If it comes down to it, that is the plan. I find it odd that I can't find those plugs anywhere.
and here I am hating all the auto on off by thermal features. I rather my fan be on 100% of the time. :ROFLMAO:

The plugs you need for G2 Max6 fan are JST-ZH 1.5mm plugs, I was able to find some on ebay(UK), but you will also need a proper crimping tool

Back