Hw 8bl150 g2 vs max8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaK8

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Ive found, 2 brand new escs. 8bl150 g2 and max8 v3. The max8 is 4$ more expensive, and i wonder which should i go for.

Max 8 G2 IMHO, because it is the better HW EZrun series and is now Sensored. (y) I imagine you will be getting the Motor combo? Right?

>>>You never stated what model this is for. And how you will be running it.

The combo motor comes in either the 4s maximum or 6s max motors.
>>> 4s motor is 2500kv (4268 size) and the 6s is 2250kv ( 4278 size) Both matching "sensored" motors depending what lipos you plan on using.
The 2500kv would not be best for 6s running. HW 's reccommendation not to.
Will probably overheat. KV's being too high for 6s.

Last edited:
Max 8 V3 IMHO, because it is the better HW EZrun series and is now Sensored. (y) I imagine you will be getting the Motor combo? Right?

>>>You never stated what model this is for. And how you will be running it.
Traxxas E-Revo 2.0, no motor combo, rocket 1900kv motor

I don't think you have your choice of ESC's researched well. The Ezruns are way better than the Quickrun line. Max 8 Ezrun has higher BEC volts and higher Overall Amp output.
And your pricing is wrong. There is way more of a Price difference than just $4.00.:unsure::unsure:
Did I miss something? Are you sure you are not looking at an old discontinued model somewhere?
>>>>I am not sure what ESC's you are comparing, TBH. The specs between the 2 are obvious, and so is the price of them both.
$150.00 vs $80.00?? Comparing Apples to Oranges. And clearly you are paying for what you get. Read the specs of each better. :rolleyes:
Are you familiar with RC electrics at all?
Maybe you are confused...... because I certainly am.
The only thing I know is that your Rocket 1900kv is compatible with both.
It's your wallet.
:cool:

The Max8 V3 is the older, discontinued version. I'm not too surprised it's floating around at a similar price as the brand new Quicrun G2.

I'd still choose the Max8.

The Max 8 v3 based on specs alone? Irrespective of price?

The Max 8 v3 based on specs alone? Irrespective of price?
Was that question for me? If so, I’d choose Max8 G2, Max8 V3 (old), 8BL150 G2, 8BL150 (old) on that order.

Price is obviously a factor, but he said Max8 V3 and 8BL150 G2 were only $4 difference. I’d choose the Max8 in that case.

Back