Typhon I’m having Esc issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dill88

Reaction score
I’ve got a question. I have a 3s typhon with the blx 100 esc that I have been having some issues with. I recently got a new motor and installed it. I went to test it and my esc started acting up. When I turn it on it blinks green once and then starts rapidly blinking red. I don’t have steering or drive. I have checked to make sure everything is plugged in correctly, tried factory resetting the ESC, and reset my throttle trim and nothing changes. The oddest part is that the last time a drove the car the ESC was fine. I have no clue what is going on if anyone can help me

Welcome to AF.
Sounds like you have a problem.:unsure:
Check the ESC plug at the receiver, make sure it is not reversed in the Rx port.. Look for damaged leads. With a digital volt meter check for BEC output volts at the Rx. (aprox 6v) Touch the +/- terminals of the Rx to check the volts while the ESC is also correctly plugged into it. And ESC is powered ON.
If there is no voltage, The ESC's BEC circuit is toast. ESC bricked. Worse case. Best case is that the ESC plug was reversed at the Rx, just turn it around and reinsert it.

Last edited:
I’ve got a question. I have a 3s typhon with the blx 100 esc that I have been having some issues with. I recently got a new motor and installed it. I went to test it and my esc started acting up. When I turn it on it blinks green once and then starts rapidly blinking red. I don’t have steering or drive. I have checked to make sure everything is plugged in correctly, tried factory resetting the ESC, and reset my throttle trim and nothing changes. The oddest part is that the last time a drove the car the ESC was fine. I have no clue what is going on if anyone can help me

The last time it drove good, was it with the old engine? Did you ever get it running after you installed the new one?

1639065308284.png

SrC is correct. It must be the Rx connector and if not, it's worse

The last time it drove good, was it with the old engine? Did you ever get it running after you installed the new one?
it ran fine with the old engine. The bearing in the old engine blew so I replaces the engine. I put the new one in and the esc Isn’t working now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back