I bought a limitless today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaynor

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Vendetta
Unfortunately the hobby shop was out of pinions fkr the motor and platform. They gave me a traxxas that should fit but i want to know what the recommended pinion is from Arrma.

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

There is no magic pinion... unfortunately.

What motor, ESC, what batteries do you have and how fast do you want to go?

It's all about your gear ratio. Less than .75 is a bit conservative and safer. Higher than 1 is bit aggressive and you need the torque to spin it. No mater what you choose, always watch your motor & ESC temps.

Id like to get it running before speed runs. I bought all the suggested components for the limitless except the were out of the 5mm Arrma Pinion i need and substituted in a Traxs on. I was hoping to roll head to toe legit Arrma.

IMG_6078.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

Welcome to the club!

I guess they don't include a pinion anymore? That's a bummer. Island Hobby has Saga gears, they are solid and preferred by a lot of people. But run what you like. Personally, I stay away from eBay/Amazon stuff. You're putting in $1K+ into the car an additional $5 on a proper pinion is worth it.

You might get a few different ones. I have a V1 with a smaller spool and started with at 27T and worked up from there. The V2 spool is 39T, so I would start with something in the 30T range and grab a few bigger ones too. 30T won't be super fast but it's eaiser to learn with. Run that, practice, dial it in, check your motor temps and see where it goes.

I think there is a build on YT for the V2 where they got to over 100+ with that configuration. It might be a good reference.

You will want to upgrade the tires when you start clipping 90-100mph too. Exploding tires are bad.

There are a bunch of speed runners here that can also chime in as well. I'm an amateur compared to some of those guys.

It seems indeed the v2 has the pinion gear on the need to complete list now. Arrma recommands a 32T, that's 100+ capable with the spectrum electronics.
Traxas pinions used to be one of the few easy to get mod1 5mm pinions up to 34T. They are solid, don't worry. To be honest, i don't think there are any bad pinions at this size. Saga for higher quality, powerhobby for low price.

While you are discovering the car and speedrun basics pinion size isn't that important yet. Battery sag and speedcontroller limits, thus your throttle finger and ability to keep it straight, will determine your topspeed. Anything between 27-34T should be fine to start with. (I can't tell the T on the traxxas from the picture)

Keep a close watch on the motor & ESC temps. Give it some time to cool between runs. It will also help to restore the battery voltage which drops hard when you floor it. The batteries will perform a little better when they heat up some, so the first run might not necesairy the fastest.

It seems indeed the v2 has the pinion gear on the need to complete list now. Arrma recommands a 32T, that's 100+ capable with the spectrum electronics.
Traxas pinions used to be one of the few easy to get mod1 5mm pinions up to 34T. They are solid, don't worry. To be honest, i don't think there are any bad pinions at this size. Saga for higher quality, powerhobby for low price.

While you are discovering the car and speedrun basics pinion size isn't that important yet. Battery sag and speedcontroller limits, thus your throttle finger and ability to keep it straight, will determine your topspeed. Anything between 27-34T should be fine to start with. (I can't tell the T on the traxxas from the picture)

Keep a close watch on the motor & ESC temps. Give it some time to cool between runs. It will also help to restore the battery voltage which drops hard when you floor it. The batteries will perform a little better when they heat up some, so the first run might not necesairy the fastest.
Looks like the TRX one is a 34t

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back