Limitless I built a monster for speed runs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I decided to build a high powered,low rpm setup for speed runs. It's almost done, should be ready for the weekend. Tell me what you guys think.

20220413_214936.jpg

20220413_214545.jpg

Wow. DUAL 2028?

Looks good, FC100 body is great and I like your wing although you may not want both elements across. I like that you addressed the side body flex issues.

I'd recommend truing down the foams some.
Which model Gyro is that one? I don't recognize it. I have the Futaba for my 200+ build.

Thanks
Looks good, FC100 body is great and I like your wing although you may not want both elements across. I like that you addressed the side body flex issues.

I'd recommend truing down the foams some.
Which model Gyro is that one? I don't recognize it. I have the Futaba for my 200+ build.
I think it was a power hobbies, I bought 2 from different manufacturers and were the same thing. As far as the wing,the bottom plate helps stiffen up the body,and so far runs really straight pass after pass from 158 to 160,don't know what I'm going to hit now,

Last edited:
Thanks

I think it was a power hobbies, I bought 2 from different manufacturers and were the same thing. As far as the wing,the bottom plate helps stiffen up the body,and so far runs really straight pass after pass from 158 to 160,don't know what I'm going to hit now,

Just thinking about aero drag for the wing deal.
You could also remove the rubber body pin tethers to reduce the drag some.

Looking forward to seeing some videos of it running!

I can probably fit 54's
Just thinking about aero drag for the wing deal.
You could also remove the rubber body pin tethers to reduce the drag some.

Looking forward to seeing some videos of it running!
Yeah, me too,I have to see how it handles before I open it up with having a different chassis and being 6 lbs heavier

I decided to build a high powered,low rpm setup for speed runs. It's almost done, should be ready for the weekend. Tell me what you guys think.

View attachment 211879

View attachment 211880
I came to the realization that there's a thing called too much power! It's just breaking stuff easily every time I try to get past 70 percent throttle. So I took the 1100's out and put in 2400's and new body and will try again.

20220501_165426.jpg

Dual 1721 motors have more rpms and power though…

Nice build! What battery trays are you using?

Got a link to a tire truer? All the one's I can find are ridiculously expensive. I need to shave them down because my droop screw tabs are screaming for dear life trying to get my rife height down.
Nope they are stupid expensive for what they are....

I put an 8mm steel rod in my drill press chuck with a hole through it to add an arrma wheel hex. Even the tire truing bits are something like 60-85.00
I have used in the past a sanding block with 80 or 120 grit paper and that works well.

An alternative is to gear a car for 50 mph (less load on the motor) and either use the sanding block or hold it and let it grind the tires down on the pavement.

1651524971887.png

I came to the realization that there's a thing called too much power! It's just breaking stuff easily every time I try to get past 70 percent throttle. So I took the 1100's out and put in 2400's and new body and will try again.

View attachment 215099
Let me guess,kept breaking stuff from the spool back??rear center shaft,cups ,ring&pinion, diff houseing..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back