Kraton I couldn’t resist…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
As some of you probably noticed, I really like nice servos, and I’ve been wanting to try out an AGF servo for a long time now. The specs on this servo are awesome, and the weight and feel of it are very nice. But…. I totally forgot about one detail. I remembered as soon as I opened it up that I saw about a year ago on a Kevin Talbot video, that AGF, for some idiotic reason, chose to use a M3.5 screw on the spline. For those that don’t know, M3.5 is an oddball size that most peeps can’t just go out and buy, and the K8 of course, requires one around 22mm of length for that screw. They’re pretty hard to find. I ordered 4, and they’ll be here Monday. I had to get them at 25mm, and I’ll have to cut them down to size. I mounted the servo and measured the dimensions. I may have some issues with fitting the front servo saver support bush due to a longer spline, but I won’t know for sure until I mount the servo saver. There may possibly be modifications, but I’ll make it fit.

The factory servo on the V2 isn’t bad, I just wanted more speed, and I’m a bit of a servo snob lol. Here’s some pics!
IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

IMG_0536.jpeg

IMG_0537.jpeg

IMG_0539.jpeg

As some of you probably noticed, I really like nice servos, and I’ve been wanting to try out an AGF servo for a long time now. The specs on this servo are awesome, and the weight and feel of it are very nice. But…. I totally forgot about one detail. I remembered as soon as I opened it up that I saw about a year ago on a Kevin Talbot video, that AGF, for some idiotic reason, chose to use a M3.5 screw on the spline. For those that don’t know, M3.5 is an oddball size that most peeps can’t just go out and buy, and the K8 of course, requires one around 22mm of length for that screw. They’re pretty hard to find. I ordered 4, and they’ll be here Monday. I had to get them at 25mm, and I’ll have to cut them down to size. I mounted the servo and measured the dimensions. I may have some issues with fitting the front servo saver support bush due to a longer spline, but I won’t know for sure until I mount the servo saver. There may possibly be modifications, but I’ll make it fit.

The factory servo on the V2 isn’t bad, I just wanted more speed, and I’m a bit of a servo snob lol. Here’s some pics!View attachment 321120

View attachment 321124

View attachment 321121

View attachment 321122

View attachment 321123
What ya gonna do with the stock one? 🧐

I’m planning on putting up a sale post with a ton of stuff in it this weekend. I’m swimming in removed parts and stock radios lol.
Cool 👍🏼 That new one is sharp! I've looked at those. Report back.

Welp, my GPM servo saver finally came in, and it doesn’t need a long screw to attach it like the stock servo saver, so I was able to use the screw that came with the servo. Here’s a short vid of it in action.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back