Kraton I got a kraton 4s v2 and love it, so I got a vendetta for Street. Question about esc hand me down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustLurkin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering if it would be possible to use the 4s esc from the kraton in the vendetta and then get a 6s esc for the kraton? The vendetta overheated when I was bashing for the first time today. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm new back into rc since having a Tyco wild thing as a child.

Yeah you can use that 4s ESC in the Vendetta. 6s is gonna put the Kraton through the ringer, but even a 6s ESC running 4s in the Kraton will do wonders for lower temps. If you do the 6s on Kraton, you need a new motor as well. Putting the Kraton motor in the Vendetta will require gearing up significantly to get the same speed you got with the vendetta from the difference in KV. Even if you run 4s on the Vendetta it will need gearing up from that difference. I have been overheating my Vendetta constantly and ended up adding 3 Rocket fans, 2 for motor and one for ESC. This caused receiver brownouts that seemed to get better with a Glitch Buster, but I've noticed the BEC starts to have trouble when the ESC gets hot.

Yeah you can use that 4s ESC in the Vendetta. 6s is gonna put the Kraton through the ringer, but even a 6s ESC running 4s in the Kraton will do wonders for lower temps. If you do the 6s on Kraton, you need a new motor as well. Putting the Kraton motor in the Vendetta will require gearing up significantly to get the same speed you got with the vendetta from the difference in KV. Even if you run 4s on the Vendetta it will need gearing up from that difference. I have been overheating my Vendetta constantly and ended up adding 3 Rocket fans, 2 for motor and one for ESC. This caused receiver brownouts that seemed to get better with a Glitch Buster, but I've noticed the BEC starts to have trouble when the ESC gets hot.
I was just thinking of keeping power the same for now. Vendetta feels fast enough for my bashing needs. Just thought it would be an effective way to keep both running cool. While getting me a part I may need if I step things up in the future.

I have done basically everything I can to not gear down, but the motor is still getting way too hot on mine as well, I would have to at least recommend considering it if you're hitting thermal shutdown regularly.

"If you do the 6s on Kraton, you need a new motor as well". Why is this? If you only run 4s it should be good. right?

"If you do the 6s on Kraton, you need a new motor as well". Why is this? If you only run 4s it should be good. right?
Yes, I mean specifically if you are going to run 6s, the Kraton 4s stock motor cannot handle it.

I have done basically everything I can to not gear down, but the motor is still getting way too hot on mine as well, I would have to at least recommend considering it if you're hitting thermal shutdown regularly.

Has anything you've done actually been effective in keeping it cool? I don't want to waste my money. I appreciate the input, thanks.

I am using 150 ESC in my k4sv2. I haven’t noticed a big difference in performance or in heat reduction. I do know that I had to mount it behind the radio box on the floor of the chassis lol. I also had to reprogram it to run clockwise and turn down the timing from 22.5 down to zero.

IMG_0668.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

Has anything you've done actually been effective in keeping it cool? I don't want to waste my money. I appreciate the input, thanks.
The new ESC fan I put on was a 25mm rocket fan, and I put dual 30mm rocket fans on the motor. I actually don't overheat if I'm using a 5200 mah Zeee battery, but I usually run a 6600mah CNHL which somewhere between the 5200 and 6600 is where I overheat. I also don't overheat on a larger blacktop parking lot with the smooth tar seal like you see on school playground basketball courts etc. The smooth tar blacktop lets the tires lose grip and slide easier. On the regular pavement or concrete the grip is higher and it strains the system harder. It also helps to run when it's lower than 75 degrees outside.

But ultimately it comes down to the way I'm driving more than anything, the stock 20 tooth pinion is too high for a 3900kv motor and 100 amp ESC to be doing hairpin turns and full throttle out over and over again. It's just ridiculously hard on the system.

The new ESC fan I put on was a 25mm rocket fan, and I put dual 30mm rocket fans on the motor. I actually don't overheat if I'm using a 5200 mah Zeee battery, but I usually run a 6600mah CNHL which somewhere between the 5200 and 6600 is where I overheat. I also don't overheat on a larger blacktop parking lot with the smooth tar seal like you see on school playground basketball courts etc. The smooth tar blacktop lets the tires lose grip and slide easier. On the regular pavement or concrete the grip is higher and it strains the system harder. It also helps to run when it's lower than 75 degrees outside.

But ultimately it comes down to the way I'm driving more than anything, the stock 20 tooth pinion is too high for a 3900kv motor and 100 amp ESC to be doing hairpin turns and full throttle out over and over again. It's just ridiculously hard on the system.

Thanks for the response. I got 6600mah lipos, I didn't know that made a difference in anything other than runtime. I'll look into bigger fans, thanks.

Thanks for the response. I got 6600mah lipos, I didn't know that made a difference in anything other than runtime. I'll look into bigger fans, thanks.
More runtime means longer time for heat to build up, and more weight for the heavier packs straining power system a bit harder.

I am using 150 ESC in my k4sv2. I haven’t noticed a big difference in performance or in heat reduction. I do know that I had to mount it behind the radio box on the floor of the chassis lol. I also had to reprogram it to run clockwise and turn down the timing from 22.5 down to zero.

View attachment 313835

View attachment 313836
Hello, sorry if something off topic but what fan bracket on the engine you use to be able to mount there "two" 30 fan!
Would be very interested!

Best regards !

Hello, sorry if something off topic but what fan bracket on the engine you use to be able to mount there "two" 30 fan!
Would be very interested!

Best regards !

That's the stock heatsink they are mounted to. You can scoot the original down and mount a 2nd.
If you'd want an aftermarket one that holds them without a heat sink- powerHobbies sells one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back