Kraton Kraton 4S v2.5 first run. Loved it! Rear spoiler - not so much =)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaleus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi everyone!

Finally had the very first run with my Kraton 4S v2.5 today. Was in a forest - the roads were pure ice. Fun, but of course not a lot of traction with stock tires. Still, enjoyed every minute of it! Then found a spot with nice, flat snow. Even more fun! Cranked that throttle to 100% =) Went through two 4S CNHL 6600 racing batteries. I've nothing to compare them to (everything is brand new), but nothing to complain about.

While on the 2nd battery, tried little jumps. For the very first time. It's much harder to control the landing than I thought. One landing went south - cracked rear spoiler. The rest of the car seems to be doing well. I call it a good first run =)

The car is now cleaned, dried with paper towels and placed next to the radiator to make sure any remaining moisture gets evaporated. Batteries put to storage mode.

Was wondering, should I add grease to some specific places after a "wet" run? And if yes, what is the optimal grease choice in this case?
Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Can't wait for the next bashing session! =)

20240221_171149.jpg

20240221_212316.jpg

Hi everyone!

Finally had the very first run with my Kraton 4S v2.5 today. Was in a forest - the roads were pure ice. Fun, but of course not a lot of traction with stock tires. Still, enjoyed every minute of it! Then found a spot with nice, flat snow. Even more fun! Cranked that throttle to 100% =) Went through two 4S CNHL 6600 racing batteries. I've nothing to compare them to (everything is brand new), but nothing to complain about.

While on the 2nd battery, tried little jumps. For the very first time. It's much harder to control the landing than I thought. One landing went south - cracked rear spoiler. The rest of the car seems to be doing well. I call it a good first run =)

The car is now cleaned, dried with paper towels and placed next to the radiator to make sure any remaining moisture gets evaporated. Batteries put to storage mode.

Was wondering, should I add grease to some specific places after a "wet" run? And if yes, what is the optimal grease choice in this case?
Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Can't wait for the next bashing session! =)

View attachment 350103

View attachment 350104

All you need is a 3D printed TPU version of the wing and you won't have to worry about it again.

The 4s and 6s outcast/notorious wing is much sturdier I’ve found. I always try to get the one that has three spots for screws on top. I put flathead screws in them and set them level, helps protect it when skidding on its lid. The way is smaller, so you may not like to look. But it’s definitely better as far as I’m concerned. I have one on my 4S vorteks and it’s taking a hell of a beating over the last year.

IMG_5619.jpeg

Looks like good fun, I’d say the wing only cracked due to the low temps.

I personally would spray the whole car in gt85 (wd40) take the wheels off and drip some oil into the hubs, the other bearings are in all your diff housings so with out removing them you can only try your best to blast a bit in there.

It would probably be advisable the strip the car down more regularly in those conditions 🤟🏼

The 4s and 6s outcast/notorious wing is much sturdier I’ve found. I always try to get the one that has three spots for screws on top. I put flathead screws in them and set them level, helps protect it when skidding on its lid. The way is smaller, so you may not like to look. But it’s definitely better as far as I’m concerned. I have one on my 4S vorteks and it’s taking a hell of a beating over the last year.

View attachment 350120
Interesting, I'll investigate it. Thanks!

Looks like good fun, I’d say the wing only cracked due to the low temps.

I personally would spray the whole car in gt85 (wd40) take the wheels off and drip some oil into the hubs, the other bearings are in all your diff housings so with out removing them you can only try your best to blast a bit in there.

It would probably be advisable the strip the car down more regularly in those conditions 🤟🏼

Thanks man! Yeah. Low temps are not good for plastic. Cannot wait for warmer weather with this thing looking at me every day :D
Right, I heard multiple times that GT85 is a good one for RC maintenance. However, WD40 - from what I read - is not the same. It's good for cleaning and water displacement, but does not lubricate in a way as GT85 does. GT85 makes more sense in this scenario. Getting one today.

Ahh, wonderful!
Had a quick look at local 3D printing prices - looks like TPU is rather expensive to print (in comparison to other cheap materials). And the price depends a lot on infill %. Any idea what is a good infill % for such part?

Last edited:

Ahh, wonderful!
Had a quick look at local 3D printing prices - looks like TPU is rather expensive to print (in comparison to other cheap materials). And the price depends a lot on infill %. Any idea what is a good infill % for such part?

15-20% infill Should do it.

Interesting, I'll investigate it. Thanks!

Thanks man! Yeah. Low temps are not good for plastic. Cannot wait for warmer weather with this thing looking at me every day :D
Right, I heard multiple times that GT85 is a good one for RC maintenance. However, WD40 - from what I read - is not the same. It's good for cleaning and water displacement, but does not lubricate in a way as GT85 does. GT85 makes more sense in this scenario. Getting one today.

Ahh, wonderful!
All I know is when I was a kid I used to put wd40 on my bmx chain and down the brake cables and they always ended up rusty and seized, I changed to gt85 and they was good as gold for ever more.. and It smells so good 🥸

Congrats dude ! Mine just arrived here 10 minutes ago and looking forward to 1st outing. Sorry about your wing :( . How long did you get off each battery ?
Awesome! I am sure you'll love it! It was sad to break the wing during the first run, but alas. I knew things will break, so mentally prepared :D
Are you planning to check/fill up the diff fluids? I must say diffs needed that. Especially the center one.

About batteries: oh, hmmm, I really did not pay attention to this. I'd say around 25, maybe 30 minutes, perhaps. It's a rough estimate though. I'll need to pay attention to it next time. Also wondering how long they last.

Back