Typhon I hate the slipper assembly plastic nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new slipper clutch assembly screw is longer. I think it might be a problem if you're using the older longer input gear. The old slipper maintenance set is still available. https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310882 You could also just buy a M2.5 x 20mm Cap Head Screw. All the other parts are the same.

Last edited:
The old slipper assembly always came with a nut (with metal threads). If you look at the vehicles below, it's all the V2 versions. I believe the nut was used for the Mega line at one point. It confused many 3s owners. You don't use it with a 3s vehicle. The hub/plate still has threads to hold the screw with loc-tite.

Last edited:
Thise kits were like gold last summer. Backordered for months. I ended up buying a whole assembly at one point and ordering thrust bearings from a local bearing company another time.

I'm going to retract this. My second slipper nut is no longer holding. I went hard reverse and when I went to drive again, the slipper was slipping. Apparently hard reverse can back out the screw. I re-tightened it, but it loosened again in no time. Looks like it's back to loc-tite, no slipper nut.
Check the tiny thrust bearing on the slipper screw - if that sticks that is when the slipper can exert a turning force on the screw.

Check the tiny thrust bearing on the slipper screw - if that sticks that is when the slipper can exert a turning force on the screw.
Yep. Clean all parts before putting back together, and be careful not to get any TL on the spring or thrust bearing as that will make it stick together.

Yep. Clean all parts before putting back together, and be careful not to get any TL on the spring or thrust bearing as that will make it stick together.
Yep this is why I put the TL from the back side. To keep the front side clean.

You could oil up that little bearing right to keep it spinning for love yew long time?

Thanks, this was the problem. The loc-tite didn't hold either, so I checked and the thrust bearing was shot. Several balls were missing. Going in reverse with a bad thrust bearing backs out the screw. Replaced it and everything's holding up again.

Now I'm wondering if I can go back to the plastic slipper nut. But I'll just run it with loc-tite for now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back