Kraton I need to adjust the GLOBACT 57T Steel Slipper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndreFFAnjos

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I bought the "kit" below from aliexpress for my Arrma Kraton 4S V2.

The question is: do I need to adjust anything on it or just mount and play? If i need to adjust, how is the best way?

1706025446281.png

I'd just install it and see how performs. If something seems off, then make adjustments. If it seems to perform good, then you should be good to go. Post your results once you get it installed, I'd grab a couple at that price if they're legit.

I'd just install it and see how performs. If something seems off, then make adjustments. If it seems to perform good, then you should be good to go. Post your results once you get it installed, I'd grab a couple at that price if they're legit.
Yeah, perfect, I'll try with the "standard setting" and I post here if they runs OK.

The point is, when will I know if the performance is good?

Trial and error. This is not a stock part that is setup like a stocker 4x4 slipper clutch, per the manual. I could be wrong.
Why swapping it in, instead of using the Stock Center Diff??? On a K4s v2? Seems you don't understand slippers in general? IDK. It's by feel. :unsure:
A center diff always runs better. And is easily tunable. It's why Arrma runs them now in the heavier V2 K4s in the first place.
Are you 100% sure this will even fit the K4s V2 new Power Module design?
The K4s v2 doesn't even list a Slipper Clutch as an Option Part.

Edited.

Last edited:
Why would I be changing a part if I hadn't ruined the original?! Here are photos of the original slippers of my kraton:

IMG_6398.jpeg

7D89453B-5E17-4CC1-A71E-BBBC943E8E9F.jpeg

And here is the new clutch:
IMG_6482.jpeg

I thought you had the new K4s V2 with the Center Diff.
Some call it the v2.5, But Arrma still calls it the V2. What I was referring to.
Good luck.
Adjusting a slipper can be subjective. Depends on your preference. How you like them. Follow the manual, or some videos if you haven't already.

I thought you had the new K4s V2 with the Center Diff.
Some call it the v2.5, But Arrma still calls it the V2. What I was referring to.
Good luck.
Adjusting a slipper can be subjective. Depends on your preference. How you like them. Follow the manual, or some videos if you haven't already.

Yeah, I have the original V2 😂, the old one!

In the future I can upgrade to the center diff version, right?!

Many thanks!

Yeah, I have the original V2 😂, the old one!

In the future I can upgrade to the center diff version, right?!

Many thanks!
I believe the center diff will fit your version as well if you ever decide to upgrade in the future. I know It's a direct drop in upgrade for the 3S line. If you install the new slipper and the truck turns into a wheelie monster all of a sudden, then the slipper may be too tight. If you install it and you have noticeably less grunt from a stand still, then the new slipper may be a tad bit loose. If it drives perfect, then you're good to go with likely no adjustment needed. I don't like to adjust the slipper unless I absolutely have to. It's pretty easy to screw things and cause damage to the driveline by messing with the slipper.

I believe the center diff will fit your version as well if you ever decide to upgrade in the future. I know It's a direct drop in upgrade for the 3S line. If you install the new slipper and the truck turns into a wheelie monster all of a sudden, then the slipper may be too tight. If you install it and you have noticeably less grunt from a stand still, then the new slipper may be a tad bit loose. If it drives perfect, then you're good to go with likely no adjustment needed. I don't like to adjust the slipper unless I absolutely have to. It's pretty easy to screw things and cause damage to the driveline by messing with the slipper.
That's what I needed! I'm going to check how it runs.

Thank you

Not sure if you will need a few more small parts here and there.

I am not sure. I know that the V2.5 has a different Power module altogether, that is screwed in with 2 screws now. And no quick release Tab. And the motor was even moved up forward more. Maybe the chassis even has changed to accommodate the Center diff. IDK. Verify this for yourself.
Comparing the blow up diagrams and part numbers of yours with the latest 4s.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/1-10-kraton-4x4-4s-v2-blx-speed-monster-truck-rtr/ARA4408V2.html
No quick release tab? It's still there https://www.arrma-rc.com/on/demandw...-master/default/PDPImages/ARA4408V2_PP_01.jpg

Yes I saw that.
The Red tab on the chassis is not there, if I am correct? Using 2 screws now, at the bottom?

I'm learning.(y)
Deep down I really want a 4x4 BRCC. TBH. I just cant wrap myself around that PM concept and slipper clutch..:unsure:
Never ventured into the 4x4 line.

Guys, backing to the topic!

First the feedback from the "is it necessary to adjust?"

Yes, it's necessary! I took a first "lap" and realized that the Kraton turn into a wheelie machine, and with the knowledge I've gained here I've saw that I needed to adjust.

so I made an adjustment (according to my feeling) and tightened the screw a little to reduce this "punch" and it's fine in my opinion, Kraton is running more "free" and doesn't wheelie as much.

But I have some concerns about my ex slipper clutch (the original one), can you guys explain to me, why does this clutch get busted?

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-29 at 08.32.55.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-29 at 08.32.56.jpeg

as you can see, the slipper pad's have been destroyed, why? and besides this, my center slider get destroyed too.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-29 at 08.32.57.jpeg

Back