Kraton I joined the Kraton 8s King Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tired and confused by the title and thought I was getting 4 haha. But yeah the back ones are the only issue so far on mine.
To be clear one of my front ones is bent too, but it doesn't look like a jump rope like the rear one ?

I was tired and confused by the title and thought I was getting 4 haha. But yeah the back ones are the only issue so far on mine.

This is my Kraton right now anywaysView attachment 88487 haha
It's in pieces. I'm assuming you are changing the chassis?

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_190536871.jpg
    IMG_20200704_190536871.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20200704_192053920.jpg
    IMG_20200704_192053920.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200705_115212773.jpg
    IMG_20200705_115212773.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 57
Jesus, even the box was Huge. It's the V1. 5. I plan on bringing the punch setting up to 5 and will looking into a 23t pinion (Arrma makes one specifically for the K8S?). I don't care too much about wheelies, so do I need to go from the stock center Diff weight to 20 million? I do have some in my tool box. Thoughts on going with a 23t pinion and punch 5 for general bashing with stock electronics? Thanks! I haven't even ran it yet. One of those 12 hour days at work ?View attachment 87263View attachment 87264View attachment 87265

Congrats welcome to the small fortune club. Totally worth it.

Yeah I twisted the hell out of the chassis by landing on a huge branch.
I hate when trees jump in front of your RC! anyways, I hope you just put an M2c chassis. Might as well. Hey let me know how those GPM drive shafts work out. Some people have tried shock towers, chassis braces and other parts for their armas with bad outcomes unfortunately.

I hate when trees jump in front of your RC! anyways, I hope you just put an M2c chassis. Might as well. Hey let me know how those GPM drive shafts work out. Some people have tried shock towers, chassis braces and other parts for their armas with bad outcomes unfortunately.
Yeah I ordered the M2C chassis and it should be here by Thursday. I'll let you know how the GPM shafts work out once my rig is up and running again.

Yeah I ordered the M2C chassis and it should be here by Thursday. I'll let you know how the GPM shafts work out once my rig is up and running again.
It sucks that the rear cvds bent like that on my K8s and it barely got off the ground TBH. Maybe 5-10ft in the air landing on grass. I did have multiple horrible landings (on one rear wheel, on the roof, nosedives etc), so I guess it's mostly my fault ?

It sucks that the rear cvds bent like that on my K8s and it barely got off the ground TBH. Maybe 5-10ft in the air landing on grass. I did have multiple horrible landings (on one rear wheel, on the roof, nosedives etc), so I guess it's mostly my fault ?
What gen k8 do you have?

Cool. Yeah I'm not planning to do super high jumps. I just want to be able to get at least a backflip off my ramps and drive around the park for some fun. From what I've seen, the stock system with the 23t pinion is enough for that and my kind of bashing. Heck I still don't know if I want to send it 10-15ft in the air and risk bending the chassis, even though with the new bracing the chassis also seems to be able to take it. I don't know about the skatepark. I'll probably will not be doing that. Yeah 45mph on grass/dirt is plenty for me TBH. Thanks for the input.

whats the verdict now man? Still enjoying it?

whats the verdict now man? Still enjoying it?
It's freaking awesome! Even with stock electronics and geared up with 23t, personally for me, is good enough. I've done front flips off my small ramps and backflips off a chain link fence. I had multiple bad landings (nose dives, upside down landings, one wheel landings, etc) on grass. I did bend one front drive shaft and one rear one. And the rear wing mount has a small crack on it. I'm very impressed with the durability of such a big and heavy truggie. So far, it seems more durable than my 6s Arrma rigs! The verdict is, two thumbs up. The Kraton 8s is big, it's beautiful, fast enough for me at around 50mph (with the 23t pinion) and I would buy it again. I'm even thinking of selling my all my 6s rigs so that I can probably get the Outcast 8s too ?.

It's freaking awesome! Even with stock electronics and geared up with 23t, personally for me, is good enough. I've done front flips off my small ramps and backflips off a chain link fence. I had multiple bad landings (nose dives, upside down landings, one wheel landings, etc) on grass. I did bend one front drive shaft and one rear one. And the rear wing mount has a small crack on it. I'm very impressed with the durability of such a big and heavy truggie. So far, it seems more durable than my 6s Arrma rigs! The verdict is, two thumbs up. The Kraton 8s is big, it's beautiful, fast enough for me at around 50mph (with the 23t pinion) and I would buy it again. I'm even thinking of selling my all my 6s rigs so that I can probably get the Outcast 8s too ?.
That sounds like the Kraton 8s, it takes it all. You know the outcast is the same thing as the Kraton 8s but they put a 2" shorter chassis, wheelie bar, and slightly bigger tires.

You can buy the M2C crusher chassis and turn your Kraton into that ?

That sounds like the Kraton 8s, it takes it all. You know the outcast is the same thing as the Kraton 8s but they put a 2" shorter chassis, wheelie bar, and slightly bigger tires.

You can buy the M2C crusher chassis and turn your Kraton into that ?
Nah, I like the power slides and stability on concrete. I have two xmaxx 8s trucks for the other crazy stuff. Honestly I thought the K8S was going to break more stuff due to being heavier than the 6s trucks, but I was pleasantly wrong.

Still going strong after flying about 20ft in the air. The body is getting cracked a little, the wing mount has a couple of more cracks and one of the bolts broke off on the wing mount, and I bent the rear driveshaft again (ordered the GPM 7mm driveshafts). The K8S is pretty much a rocket with that 23t pinion and punch setting on 5. I still can't believe how high and far it flew, while doing a backflip. It's the biggest and highest jump I've ever done with an RC. The chassis is still not bent BTW. I checked it today. This thing is durable and tons of fun.
20200719_155910.jpg
20200719_160006.jpg
20200719_155956.jpg

I keep thinking about how durable the K8S is. By now, with the same kind of driving and jumps and crashes, my 6s rigs would have broken more things stock. I did a very high jump with my K6S, very similar to the K8S, on the same terrain and the K6S chassis bent backwards, while the K8S chassis is still straight. Has anyone experienced this? That's why I already pre ordered the O8S.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back