Typhon Forward play slipper after installing steel spur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neelis

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
After installing a steel spur gear on my Typhon 3s, I have for- and backwards play on the slipper clutch assembly. I did install the 4 slipper plates.

20230818_105749.jpg

20230818_105753.jpg

I don't see it as a big problem, because the center shaft will push the clutch assembly in position, but that means the forward bearing can move for and backwards. And I am not to happy about that.

Tips/solutions are welcome. Or tell me to stop being anal about this :D

After installing a steel spur gear on my Typhon 3s, I have for- and backwards play on the slipper clutch assembly. I did install the 4 slipper plates.

View attachment 317736

View attachment 317737
I don't see it as a big problem, because the center shaft will push the clutch assembly in position, but that means the forward bearing can move for and backwards. And I am not to happy about that.

Tips/solutions are welcome. Or tell me to stop being anal about this :D

You really Don't have to worry about it Because once you install the center driveshaft.. its spring tension will push up against it to keep it from that (forward & aft) movement.

So, just relax and stop being so OCD about nothing. 🦖👊

Agreed, that fore and aft play already existed from factory with the composite gear.. nothing to worry about, as tex mentioned the assembly is loaded when the center shaft is in...👍

Which of shims did you use?
10x14. I have them in thickness of 0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4,and 0.5
I just find the sizes I need on AliExpress. Even picked up the 12x16 ( if I'm remembering right) for the arrma diffs)in various thicknesses and the correct id/od shims to eliminate the LSD in my Mojave EXB front and rear.

Last edited:
10x14. I have them in thickness of 0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4,and 0.5
I just find the sizes I need on AliExpress. Even picked up the 12x16 ( if I'm remembering right) for the arrma diffs)in various thicknesses and the correct id/od shims to eliminate the LSD in my Mojave EXB front and rear.
Shimmed the slipper today, added a 0.5mm thick shim, happy days.

In the picture I had 0.5 and 0.2 installed, but that was too much.
20231003_161226.jpg

That scene always made me laugh when Monica started vacuuming the vacuum.

I must admit.. I'm a bit OCDed...
Have the Exact Same habit..

Shimmed the slipper today, added a 0.5mm thick shim, happy days.

In the picture I had 0.5 and 0.2 installed, but that was too much.
View attachment 325167
Isn't it a nice warm feeling when you bolt it back together and there is no slop. Just feels higher quality😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back