Infraction I took the leap! Infraction on the way and I GOT QUESTIONS (Prior Nitro Guy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car delivered yesterday and first order of business was cut that wing down and paint it immediately. That clear wing is just attrocious! SMC batteries and charger out for delivery!

1697810192170.png

Batteries charged and took it for its first spin....that instant electricity is a muthaphucka!!! Probably should have started on 50%😂😂. Almost wrecked this thing with the slow gear in. LOLOL.

All smiles from ear to ear!

My neighbor was like damn that's fast. Yessir....yes it is indeed!

Hello all,

I have finally decided to jump into the world of battery operated rc cars. Took a lot in me to make this jump but here we go. Bought the V2 Infraction 6s for a FRACTION (pun) of the price! I already have a lipo charger since I used lipos in airsoft but I am in need of battery recommendations. Additionally here is a list of what I have gathered from watching videos and etc.

Needs:
Tires (cooks them like fish grease, is what I hear) - dBoots, GRP, VIPAZ SOLID RUBBER?? Other suggestions
Batteries - CNHL, Turnigy Rapid 5500mAh, turnigy graphene panther 5000mah 3s?? Other suggestions
Scorched Parts Inner Fenders

Wants:
Side skirts
Rear Wing
DS3235 35KG Digital Servo

What are the other must haves that I am not aware of?
I like your list of parts. (y) BTW , you don't need Side Skirts if using Scorched Inner Fenders. It's one or the other. I run that same AMZ servo in all 9 of my 6s rigs. Perfect for the Infr. But basically keep it simple stock in the beginning . If you drift and bash this , yes you will eat tires. If you want to do speed passes only , tire wear is not too tragic from my experience. GRP wheels are a great option. I rarely drift and bash my Lim and Infr. But when I do, I use older worn out tires for that. Saving my good wheels for speed running only.
I would toss the Hand brake altogether. Get it out of your system first. It is just a novelty item and useless fluff IMHO. Makes the chassis more complicated and bloated than it should be. Speed runners always remove that HB. It's more of a liability if anything. Useless in function, HB button at the radio and all. (n)
Have fun.:cool:

Last edited:
Batteries charged and took it for its first spin....that instant electricity is a muthaphucka!!! Probably should have started on 50%😂😂. Almost wrecked this thing with the slow gear in. LOLOL.

All smiles from ear to ear!

My neighbor was like damn that's fast. Yessir....yes it is indeed!

Need to warm up those tires a bit before you go hooning..
It's a real smile maker ,for sure!

Get yourself some more tires... you're going to need them.

I like your list of parts. (y) BTW , you don't need Side Skirts if using Scorched Inner Fenders. It's one or the other. I run that same AMZ servo in all 9 of my 6s rigs. Perfect for the Infr. But basically keep it simple stock in the beginning . If you drift and bash this , yes you will eat tires. If you want to do speed passes only , tire wear is not too tragic from my experience. GRP wheels are a great option. I rarely drift and bash my Lim and Infr. But when I do, I use older worn out tires for that. Saving my good wheels for speed running only.
I would toss the Hand brake altogether. Get it out of your system first. It is just a novelty item and useless fluff IMHO. Makes the chassis more complicated and bloated than it should be. Speed runners always remove that HB. It's more of a liability if anything.

DOH!!! Already bought both. Thanks for the heads up!

I would toss the Hand brake altogether. Get it out of your system first. It is just a novelty item and useless fluff IMHO. Makes the chassis more complicated and bloated than it should be. Speed runners always remove that HB. It's more of a liability if anything.

TBH I also thought the handbrake would be gimmicky. But after a few runs I really enjoy using it. It allows you to kick out the rear end before getting on the throttle to continue the slide. Much different behavior than only using throttle to initiate slides.

But yes I can understand why it is unnecessary for speed running.

Where did you find the Vipaz? Anywhere stateside?

Check the diff fluid... NOTED!
You can get my VIPAZ on my eBay site here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1759644...VNCIdQoTlK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Or if you live in the US, M2C are my distributors over there. Check out my channel WestOz RC and watch the “how to mount your Vipaz” video and enjoy drifting without the worry of burning tyres in 2 packs. Thanks for the mention and support guys, really appreciated it. 😎🙏👍🏼

Welp...F it!! Ordered some Choons. 5 sets to be exact! As long as they screw down, I'm burning them mfs like white house documents!
You can get my VIPAZ on my eBay site here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1759644...VNCIdQoTlK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Or if you live in the US, M2C are my distributors over there. Check out my channel WestOz RC and watch the “how to mount your Vipaz” video and enjoy drifting without the worry of burning tyres in 2 packs. Thanks for the mention and support guys, really appreciated it. 😎🙏👍🏼
Will comeback your way....choons were already purchased 😭😭
Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 2.03.55 AM.png

Ordered some Choons myself very interested since I eat tires so fast and the cost is suitable for bashing!!

Last edited:
I didn't know the Choons came in 2 compounds now. :giggle:

Welp...F it!! Ordered some Choons. 5 sets to be exact! As long as they screw down, I'm burning them mfs like white house documents!

Will comeback your way....choons were already purchased 😭😭
View attachment 327969
That’s cool bro just look me up once they are all dead. Keep the rims to clean up to use with my Vipaz.

Alright, added the scorched RC carbon parts and attached the fenders to the carbon side skirts. I can see how this can take away drastic amount of wind that could be used to help keep the car cool.

Im thinking of cutting out the front lights and back area above the car tag and putting some back hard mesh to allow for that wind. Thought?

Alright, added the scorched RC carbon parts and attached the fenders to the carbon side skirts. I can see how this can take away drastic amount of wind that could be used to help keep the car cool.

Im thinking of cutting out the front lights and back area above the car tag and putting some back hard mesh to allow for that wind. Thought?
I have the same fenders and they are amazing. I replaced my 2 fans with RocketRC fans (28.000rpm) plus I cut my side windows to make them look a bit opened because when drifting, the side of the truck is moving into the wind and I’ve never had a heat issue. I also cut holes in the 2 bonnet scoops.
Hope this helps.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have the same fenders and they are amazing. I replaced my 2 fans with RocketRC fans (28.000rpm) plus I cut my side windows to make them look a bit opened because when drifting, the side of the truck is moving into the wind and I’ve never had a heat issue. I also cut holes in the 2 bonnet scoops.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 328395

View attachment 328396
Fantastic. Much appreciate the info. Good idea

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back