Kraton Hobbywing Max6 G2 4990 combo on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
Finally decided to get the Hobbywing Max6 G2 4990 combo for my Kraton roller build. I've asked a bunch of questions & posted about the rig/motors & I got the 4990 combo on the way. Went to Amain with a $20 off coupon & got it shipped & all for $235. Thanks for all yalls help & input. Sounds like it's going to be plenty of power. If the noisy front diff explodes I guess I'll have to go with a aluminum one & try again. Had the entire rig apart (except for shocks) & fixed the bad or broken stuff & upgraded as I went on the Kraton, with similar stuff that I've broken on my Notorious.

Screenshot_20240123_175230_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Finally decided to get the Hobbywing Max6 G2 4990 combo for my Kraton roller build. I've asked a bunch of questions & posted about the rig/motors & I got the 4990 combo on the way. Went to Amain with a $20 off coupon & got it shipped & all for $235. Thanks for all yalls help & input. Sounds like it's going to be plenty of power. If the noisy front diff explodes I guess I'll have to go with a aluminum one & try again. Had the entire rig apart (except for shocks) & fixed the bad or broken stuff & upgraded as I went on the Kraton, with similar stuff that I've broken on my Notorious.

View attachment 344241
Money very well spent.

My next parking lot basher will have one for sure. I’m really looking forward to trying a sensored 6s setup. I just installed the 140amp Max10 G2 in one of those Rlaarlo’s and it’s blown my mind. And it hasn’t even been out of my basement yet! I can crawl it across the floor, barely moving, in almost total silence and it’s geared to the moon. Super impressed. The OG Max 6 has been a staple of mine for years.

This is gonna be fun. 😎 The Notorious may get the treatment too. 😁
Hell yeah!

I wish HW allowed more customizing in their combos. Would be great to choose a smaller motor with the Max6g2 (to get the added combo savings)

I just put the same system in my Felony and it’s a rocket. Some of the things I really like about the system is it being censored no cogging on takeoff smooth as silk on the throttle. Personally, I believe it to be a little too much for the Kraton 6s . In the Felony I primarily use 6S because 8S absolutely demolishes tires quickly like one set of tires one set of batteries.

I just put the same system in my Felony and it’s a rocket. Some of the things I really like about the system is it being censored no cogging on takeoff smooth as silk on the throttle. Personally, I believe it to be a little too much for the Kraton 6s .

Lowering the punch so the full throttle ramps up slower will help tremendously with shorter wheelbases. Otherwise if you're constantly a full throttle on-and-off basher, the power of this combo can get out of hand quickly even on 6S. Since it's the push of a smart device screen, try out a bunch of random punch levels on your first venture and see what fits your style.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back