Infraction I took the leap! Infraction on the way and I GOT QUESTIONS (Prior Nitro Guy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister704

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have finally decided to jump into the world of battery operated rc cars. Took a lot in me to make this jump but here we go. Bought the V2 Infraction 6s for a FRACTION (pun) of the price! I already have a lipo charger since I used lipos in airsoft but I am in need of battery recommendations. Additionally here is a list of what I have gathered from watching videos and etc.

Needs:
Tires (cooks them like fish grease, is what I hear) - dBoots, GRP, VIPAZ SOLID RUBBER?? Other suggestions
Batteries - CNHL, Turnigy Rapid 5500mAh, turnigy graphene panther 5000mah 3s?? Other suggestions
Scorched Parts Inner Fenders

Wants:
Side skirts
Rear Wing
DS3235 35KG Digital Servo

What are the other must haves that I am not aware of?

Welcome to AF!

Easiest thing to do first, is have FUN and run it. Then you can really nail down what you need. Battery wise, I'm partial to cnhl. All the tires you mentioned I have. Though, I like the Vipaz. Since all you're doing is drifting all over the place.

Hello all,

I have finally decided to jump into the world of battery operated rc cars. Took a lot in me to make this jump but here we go. Bought the V2 Infraction 6s for a FRACTION (pun) of the price! I already have a lipo charger since I used lipos in airsoft but I am in need of battery recommendations. Additionally here is a list of what I have gathered from watching videos and etc.

Needs:
Tires (cooks them like fish grease, is what I hear) - dBoots, GRP, VIPAZ SOLID RUBBER?? Other suggestions
Batteries - CNHL, Turnigy Rapid 5500mAh, turnigy graphene panther 5000mah 3s?? Other suggestions

Wants:
Side skirts
Rear Wing

First, welcome aboard.

Run it. Burn your first set of tires. Then that same night you’ll cry yourself to sleep asking yourself how you burnt a set if four tires in under 45 minutes. That thing goes through tires like a white chick drinks Starbucks.

Seriously though. First, check the diff fluid in the cups. You’ll thank me later.

Welcome to AF!

Easiest thing to do first, is have FUN and run it. Then you can really nail down what you need. Battery wise, I'm partial to cnhl. All the tires you mentioned I have. Though, I like the Vipaz. Since all you're doing is drifting all over the place.

Where did you find the Vipaz? Anywhere stateside?
First, welcome aboard.

Run it. Burn your first set of tires. Then that same night you’ll cry yourself to sleep asking yourself how you burnt a set if four tires in under 45 minutes. That thing goes through tires like a white chick drinks Starbucks.

Seriously though. First, check the diff fluid in the cups. You’ll thank me later.
Check the diff fluid... NOTED!

Hello all,

Welcome to the Ranch!

Good to have you aboard.
You made a wise decision to go electric. 🤘

Needs:

First, welcome aboard.

IF this is your Definition of "moderating your speed"...
burn-out car GIF

Or
This is your way to "warm up your tires" in the mornings...

city bless GIF

You picked the Right car for your RC-ing pleasure. 💥🤣

But, yes it will melt ALL Four tires like they were
bears gummy GIF

Hello all,

Needs:

Wants:
Side skirts
Rear Wing

Where did you get one for a "fraction of the price"?
Looking myself, maybe the holidays?

Hey for the tires...should I buy a second pair of wheels or what? I see people dremel-ing the rim to put them on. I am going to buy 2 sets to save myself time and headaches.

Welcome!

The infraction was my first rig. So enjoy it! I like the idea of just driving it as is. When I began, I could get 4-5 runs on a set of tires. Now that I am in my zone 1-2 runs they are all done, and that is with rotation front-back between runs.

When you bash, smooth or bumpy the surface, road temps, etc have a lot to do with tires. GRP I find I like certain times and conditions and the Hoons fit other times or locations. The rig will drift differently depending on those conditions.

The mistake I made was not being aware of how road temp affects the tires and what type of tire to use at those times.

Bash on and enjoy!

UPDATE!!!! DAMMMMIT...went ahead and jumped out the window and got the things I wanted! As for batteries, I decided to go with SMC. Purchased items below.

Batteries - SMC HCL-HC 11.1V-8800mAh 120C (will go with the HP 150c once I get some real runtime under my belt.)
Charger - gensacearespammers Lipo Battery Charger IMARS D300 G-Tech Series Smart Dual Lipo Charger
Accessories - Scorched Parts

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 5.26.19 PM.png

Still have tires to buy! I could have bought a REAL used car for this 😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!

UPDATE!!!! DAMMMMIT...went ahead and jumped out the window and got the things I wanted! As for batteries, I decided to go with SMC. Purchased items below.

Batteries - SMC HCL-HC 11.1V-8800mAh 120C (will go with the HP 150c once I get some real runtime under my belt.)
Charger - gensacearespammers Lipo Battery Charger IMARS D300 G-Tech Series Smart Dual Lipo Charger
Accessories - Scorched Parts

View attachment 327386

Still have tires to buy! I could have bought a REAL used car for this 😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!

for tires that you can chew through without hurting your wallet.. Look into getting some Choons..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back